Skip to content

Korgan + Aerie = True Mod?

arkngtarkngt Member Posts: 20
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
Is there a mod that makes it possible to have Korgan and Aerie in the group without her quitting it after a while? I really like both of them - and even enjoy their banter but when Aerie decided to leave in the middle of the Underdark i decided to skip Korgan in the future. I already miss the little dwarf, though.

Alternatively, is there a mod that makes it possible to pick Aerie up again if she decides to leave because of Korgan? As I understand it, she's gone forever if so now.

Comments

• HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    BG2 Tweaks has a component that does this.
    JuliusBorisov
  • arkngtarkngt Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2014
    Excellent. Thanks.

EDIT: Hm, I don't see anything about it in the list of content for BG2 Tweaks, only an option to "Change Korgan to Neutral Evil Alignment". Does this make it so Aerie won't leave?
  • CurmudgeonCurmudgeon Member Posts: 57
    @arkngt‌ - The component below may be the one you are looking for.

NPCs Don't Fight
    At certain points, stock BG/BG2 characters will get fed up with another and start fights, only ending when one or more of them are dead. This component will simply prevent the fights from starting.
    JuliusBorisov
  • arkngtarkngt Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2014
    Ah, I was checking the content page here:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/

The actual readme is much more detailed. Yes, that might be it, although in the case of Korgan and Aerie, they don't actually fight. After a couple of banters, Aerie says that she'll leave in a day if Korgan is still in the group then - and she does. The problem is of course that you often can't remove him as you are in the Underdark or a similar place.

Post edited by arkngt on
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    You can use Conflict Resolution from the IEP Extended Banters (with I think 16 Cha or might be more) and they will still bitch and moan but you can stop them from fighting and leaving. This is also useful to get the banters between the characters (like Minsc and Edwin/edwina)

http://www.shsforums.net/forum/353-npc-iep/