Skip to content

Moving NPCs (Primarily Alora).

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
Played through Baldur's Gate many times now but just found Alora.

Holy crap she's SUPER adorable. I'm in love! I found a mod to add her in BGII with interactions and everything <3.

I just wish you could get her earlier on in the game D:

Does anyone know of a way to move NPCs? I normally don't like messing with the game but I'd love to RP with her more than just the latter half of the game.

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I suppose you could just teleport there with the console, pick her up and then teleport back to where you were. Another option would be to spawn her with the console and the recruiting her that with, with Ctrl+Q if neccessary.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited November 2014
    I am sure there is a mod for this somewhere... The nice thing about Alora is that her dialog is so nondescript you could put her just about anywhere and it would make sense. You could just create her with the console and have her join you wherever.
    C:CreateCreature("alora")
    You just need to enter and leave the area you create her in several times (talking to her each time) and she will join you.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited November 2014
    Vallmyr said:

Does anyone know of a way to move NPCs? I normally don't like messing with the game but I'd love to RP with her more than just the latter half of the game.

The NPC Project includes a component that allows you to relocate Alora to Gullykin, where you can access her much sooner in the game. Thanks to @AstroBryGuy‌ , there's now a version of the Project that works for EE.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32379/bg1npc-for-bgee-prerelease-update-v21-pr-20141114/p1

Other than a single required component, you can pick and choose which components of the Project to install. It also includes components that relocate Eldoth, Tiax, and Quayle, and another that opens up the first Cloakwood area much sooner, which would allow you to access Coran.

I recently completed a playthrough of BG1:EE with the Alora relocation component installed, and I loved it - she was very useful as a backup archer in addition to thief.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459

Vallmyr said:

The NPC Project includes a component that allows you to relocate Alora to Gullykin, where you can access her much sooner in the game. Thanks to @AstroBryGuy‌ , there's now a version of the Project that works for EE.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32379/bg1npc-for-bgee-prerelease-update-v21-pr-20141114/p1

Other than a single required component, you can pick and choose which components of the Project to install. It also includes components that relocate Eldoth, Tiax, and Quayle, and another that opens up the first Cloakwood area much sooner, which would allow you to access Coran.

I recently completed a playthrough of BG1:EE with the Alora relocation component installed, and I loved it - she was very useful as a backup archer in addition to thief.
    :O! Thank you! I was just going to spawn her in but I really like this idea!

Thanks a lot! n_n
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Thanks for the help guys! Got Alora and currently shipping her and charname together even if there is no actual romance. RP ftw! XD