Skip to content

Strange bug. Everything reset after crash

filpanfilpan Member Posts: 34
Okay, the power at my home went down for like one second and then i restarted my PC, quick loaded a save and everything reset. Maps are black and unexplored, every single enemy i slew is back. I tried loading a previous save but its the same. Is there a way to fix this? I really want to play the game, its a shame that i have to uninstall it because of this

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Looks like someone used Power Word Reset on YOU.
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    edited November 2014
    @the_spyder: More content, less trolling maybe? If my game was reset I'd be pretty pissed even without some guy on the forums trying to be funny at my expense.

@filpan: Sorry, never heard of that one before. How far along are you in the story? You could export your characters, import them into a new game and then just rush to where you are now. There are some people on this forum who are quite knowledgeable about coding and stuff, maybe they can help.

• filpanfilpan Member Posts: 34
    Im at the beginning of the final chapter, so thats not an option. I deleted the game, because there's no fix for this. BG2EE has same problems and it's unsolved, thank god it didnt happen to me while i was playing BG2EE.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24200/pretty-serious-game-breaking-bug
    It's really a shame that i couldnt finish the game with one chapter left. Also didnt play HoF. Fuc*ing game breaking bug
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    I know it's probably obvious but did you try your old saves after the re-install?
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    If it's the same bug as BG2 (or similar to), the save itself is the problem. It gets corrupted and is missing info (game crashes when writing info, info isn't written, info is gone). There's no way it should effect other saves unless they were made after the bug hit. For example, if you load a corrupt quick save, then leave an area, it will corrupt your auto save (because the info in the active game is compromised).

Going back to a 'known good' save, most like a non-quick, non-auto save from before the crash should see you through, I'd think. Of course, if you don't make them often you could have a lot of work to do to get back to where you were.