Skip to content

Original BG1 & BG2

Its been a very long time, but I actually still have both BG games and all of their respective CD's (scratch free). I wouldn't mind buying the newer versions if it will make things easier for me to play an old favorite of mine, but is there a patch or group of patches that I can download to save myself the money since I already have the original games?
The new additions to the games look and/or sounds awesome, so another question is if there are downloads to update my vanilla versions into the EE versions?

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    No, nothing like that. The company wouldn't make much if that was an option with all those old copies still out there, to update the old version to a new one.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    In addition...given the issues of trying to play versions optimized for Win 98 (or before) on a Win 7 or later device, and on hardware that is 1000 times faster, and on graphics of x4 or more resolution, you are almost certainly more satisfied and cost effective to just buy one of the updated versions, either from Overhaul or the vanilla from GoG.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    The Enhanced Editions are not fan mods or patches that you just throw on the originals and boom you have everything.

It's a reworked and improved engine. Patches cannot do that.