Skip to content

Strange bug after crash

filpanfilpan Member Posts: 34
Okay, the power at my home went down for like one second and then i restarted my PC, quick loaded a save and everything was reset. Maps are black and unexplored, every single enemy i slew is back. I tried loading a previous save but its the same. Is there a way to fix this? I really want to play the game, its a shame that i have to uninstall it because of this

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    are you on steam? if so try verifying the game cache
  • filpanfilpan Member Posts: 34
    no, GOG version. I read that there was a same problem with BG2EE too. But I cant find the fix. Only fix is to start a new game. Im not gonna do that.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    i suggest you ask a moderator or a developer. My knowledge doesn't go past the console :)
  • filpanfilpan Member Posts: 34
    Im at the beginning of the final chapter, so thats not an option. I deleted the game, because there's no fix for this. BG2EE has same problems and it's unsolved, thank god it didnt happen to me while i was playing BG2EE.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24200/pretty-serious-game-breaking-bug
    It's really a shame that i couldnt finish the game with one chapter left. Also didnt play HoF. Fuc*ing game breaking bug
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Sounds very much like the saved game has been corrupted by the blackout. The cause may either be the game itself which doesn't immediately write saved games to disk or by your operating system which delays writing files to disk for performance reasons. A dev can probably tell you more. Do you have an older save (autosave or a manual savegame) you can use instead?