Skip to content

BG2 mods compatibility

AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
I've been looking through the old BG2 kit mods (http://www.pocketplane.net/modlist/index.php?ax=list&cat_id=27) and I was wondering if they would be compatible with IWDEE.

In theory those that only add kits and no extra gear/quests/locations should be fine, I guess. What I had in mind was the Conductor and the Morituri kits. And here's the question: if these mods add custom HLAs, would they be obtainable in IWDEE?

Comments

• AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
    It's not good. The mods can be installed, but the new classes cannot be picked on character creation. Any idea how to make it work?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Kit installs are different than the original BG2. I can't really get into too much being on my phone at the moment but @CrevsDaak‌ probably can explain what the differences are.

Also if you want to make one of these kits yourself check out this.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34119/how-to-making-kit-mods-for-the-ee/p1
    I thought there might be, especially with those mods that require ToB. Isn't there perhaps an easy way to turn those mods IWDEE friendly?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2014
    Audaces said:

I thought there might be, especially with those mods that require ToB. Isn't there perhaps an easy way to turn those mods IWDEE friendly?

You would only have to add:
    INCLUDE "your/path/to/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa"
    LAF fl#add_kit_ee
    STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~KITNAME~
    END
    for it to work (if it's a Thief kit you might need some other parameters as well, check the guide and copy/paste them).
    Other stuff on my guide is left there for documentation purposes. Not all of it is needed for the kits to work in the game.
    edited November 2014
    It would be excellent if it were that easy to modify this! However, I am completely ignorant when it comes to modding stuff - perhaps you could tell me - using rather simple vocabulary - where exactly I should add this? Should this be the .2da or .tp2 file? Also, I am on a mac here, so I am not sure I will be able to run NearInifnity or anything like that (plus, I've never used it, so it might be tricky).

Adding simple lines in a file is something I should be able to handle (I mean, I was ok adding DebugMode=1 here and there).

If it's more complex than editing a file with a notepad and adding extra lines, I think I'll give it a break.

Alternatively, I could send you the mods I am after (they are just simple kit mods) and ask you to add the lines. A lot of "pretty, pretty please" would be naturally involved in that, but the compatible mods would benefit the community.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.