Skip to content

Idea for a Sorccerer Kit

The idea is the following:
Instead of selecting spells available for casting at level up the spells are selected at random. To compensate for that the caster gets double the spell selection per level. If its possible the spells that will be learned should be randomly selected after character generation instead of when leveling up so that you can't just reload until you get what you want.

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I feel like It would really hard to balance. What would the spell progression look like?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I always wanted a NWN style sorcerer where you could unlearn and reselect spells upon level up. That way you could take Sleep at level 1 and remove it at, say, level 6 when it becomes much less useful and then replace it with something else, like Blindness or whatever. That would make sorcerers much more beginner friendly.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Yeah balancing would be a bit difficult. The caster would just get 2 spells randomly selected when he could normally select one manually. In the end you would have most of the spells in the early levels and the biggest problem is level 9 because it has so few spells.

Alternatively I would say 2 extra spells which are given when you reach a new spell level. That way you get 3 there instead of 1 and you get access to a new spell level 1 level earlier like normal mages do.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    What stops someone from save scumming until they get the spells they want? This seems like it would just make sorcerers even stronger.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    That the spells are selected after character creation. You could only save scum the early spells that way.