Skip to content

[Known 9857] Combat music still plays forever

GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
edited October 2014 in Troubleshooting
Observed: I went to the Ankheg area to recruit Ajantis, and some bandits appeared just as I reached him. I killed them, so combat music was playing, but then I spoke to Ajantis to recruit him without waiting for the music to stop. The combat music then kept on and on playing, until I travelled to another area.

Expected: @Dee's fix-list for v1.3 says "- Combat music no longer continues forever in certain situations", so I expected that this bug would have been fixed.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We weren't able to reliably reproduce this issue during development, although we're aware that it does happen occasionally. If you can provide a consistent test case we should be able to fix it.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Moving this thread to Troubleshooting. If you can get us a reliable repro case, then definitely post it in the Bugs forum, but without a consistent test case we can't do anything to fix the problem.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I've given it a go, including replaying from a save just before I set off to recruit Ajantis as described in my OP, and (with a little wandering around) I even succeeded in triggering a similar bandit encounter near Ajantis, but this time the music stopped normally before I managed to speak to Ajantis. So no, unfortunately I can't reproduce the unending-music-bug reliably, it seems to be a random effect.
  • DevilfishDevilfish Member Posts: 5
    I just wanted to second Gallowglass's report; this has happened to me on multiple occasions. In fact, I've been playing for about 5 hours and I'd say it occurs at least once an hour... it doesn't seem to be tied to a specific combat or situation. Typically I can fix it just by quicksaving and loading, but it's still a bit odd.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I just started a BG:EE v. 1.3 run, and I can confirm that this bug still happens, randomly and frequently. It's very annoying.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Well it was reliably reproduced in the end so has been logged.
    Thanks
  • A_MullerA_Muller Member Posts: 12
    Any update on when we might see a fix for this?

For me changing area, sleeping, etc. kills the looping music. But for timed quests it's not really a viable option to sleep after every combat (or change areas).
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    This has just happening me as well. In Durlag's my thief was sneaking around looking for traps to the accompaniment of a brass marching band. Saving and reloading fixed it so it wasn't game breaking, just Pythonesque!