Skip to content

Health gain per level bug ?

Hi,

I'm playing through IWD:EE with the default party from the game, I've come to notice on my last level up with the bard that she now only gains 2HP on level up, even though I still have "max HP at level up" checked in the options. I took a look at her char sheet, and it reads "class health point/level = 2" and although I have +2HP/level from constitution bonus, it seems I only got 2HP on my last level and really don't want to gain only 2 on the next ones.

Did I miss smthg ? Is it normal for bards to gain less HP after level 10 ? I'm not that used to these rulesets.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Not a bug. After level 10 bards/thieves only get 2hp/level. The other classes have similar restrictions.
  • CptMaceCptMace Member Posts: 23
    Ok, and does that also deny the constitution bonus ? Shouldn't the char sheet remove the constitution bonus info then ?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    CptMace said:

Ok, and does that also deny the constitution bonus ? Shouldn't the char sheet remove the constitution bonus info then ?

Its representing your health bonus for levels 1-10 in this case. If say your constitution were to drop to 10 then your overall health would still be diminished (by 20) and it would no longer be a bonus. So it still serves some purpose by saying +2.

Admittedly it could probably be clearer about this.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    CON bonus and hit dice only apply to levels 1-9/10 (depending on class). After that, it's one fixed amount (also depending on class), without random roll or CON bonus.
  • CptMaceCptMace Member Posts: 23
    Ok thanks for the quick answers !