Skip to content

Racial bonuses to thieving skills?

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug, and I don't want to muck up the official bug reporting thread if it's not a bug, or if it's already a known issue. (I didn't see it in the stickied list.)

My elf thief doesn't seem to be getting her racial bonuses to her thieving skills. They are not showing up in her character sheet. Shouldn't they be shown there? Is she getting her bonuses without it appearing on her character sheet?

I thought I saw the bonuses when she was level one, but as soon as she leveled up they were gone.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    She'll start out with higher stats in certain areas. But its not something that is going to appear on her character sheet.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Thanks. I didn't think about the bonuses being in her starting totals on character creation before any points were assigned.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Thanks. I didn't think about the bonuses being in her starting totals on character creation before any points were assigned.

Try making a thief of different races and you'll see the points go up and down accordingly. Very noticeable on a gnome as no other race starts with points in Detect Illusion.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited November 2014
    Wowo said:

Very noticeable on a gnome as no other race starts with points in Detect Illusion.

A Dwarf does as well, though not as many as a Gnome. IIRC, they get 5 points to start out with.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    iirc dwarves are the only race to start out with bonus points to set traps