Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Looking for some help.

By the start of next year I'll be moving to the states or Cedar Rapids IA ( I'm from Scotland ) so my question is...is there any DND gaming groups around that area or maybe Iowa city etc,I've had a look around but Can't seem to find anything concrete for taking on someone with an indecipherable Accent.Many thank,s Guy's and Gal's.

Comments

• Your from Scotland, eh? I knew there was something I liked about you. I wish I could be as helpful to you as you were for me but I have nothing to offer unfortunately. I would gladly game with you myself however I am 11 hours away on the North side of Lake Eire. I'm quite sure you'll be able to find some groups once you're settled in.

Garrik
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

Your from Scotland, eh? I knew there was something I liked about you.

Everyone likes the Scots. Unfortunately I have no idea what D&D groups there are as I live in England, I've also never played PnP D&D.

Garrik
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited November 2014
    Contact www.battlezonegames.com. They are a store in Cedar Rapids that is a WotC dealer. They are heavy into MtG in their online presence, but they will host or know some groups.

(Oh, and believe me - for most game groups in the States, your accen...er...normal regional manner of speech will only enhance your appeal.)

PS - no thanks required, other than a small tin (um...medium tin) of shortbread wafers.

GarrikLord_Rattlebottom_IV
  • GarrikGarrik Member Posts: 17
    Cheers troops I am indeed from Scotland,Sunny Glasgow to be in fact but it won't be long till I will be in the states In Iowa so I appreciate the advice guy's.....sure you don't wan't a bottle of whisky instead ? put hairs on the chest lol.

Lord_Rattlebottom_IV
  • Lord_Rattlebottom_IVLord_Rattlebottom_IV Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2014
    Glasgow, sweet. My family roots are in around Stirling, where many of my cousins still reside although I believe the old family farm has been sold. Haven't been there since I was two back in the late seventies. I'm always up for a good single malt whiskey. The smokier/peatier (is that even a word?) the better for this guy. Oh, and have you considered maybe trying to game over Skype or equivalent with your favourite Glaswegian adventurers? Whiskey makes me problem solve.

Edit: (Reread and saw the whiskey reference was for dreamrider. I've only been on this forum for a day and I'm already begging people for whiskey. Dear lord. Apologies all around.

Garrik
    Most of my troops here are console guys,Skype is an alien concept to them ( unless they attempt to get it ) so other than that it'll be nice to find a local gaming group around Cedar Rapids.Im more for a smoker whisky puts a fire in the belly ( and at the back of ones throat ) then again whisky is a problem solver :) cheers dude.

Mmmmmm scotch. This weekend my dad gave me a glass of 18 year old Laphroaig (he'd meant to buy the ten year old), it was beautiful. Very peaty but still hits you in the back of the throat.

Garrik
    Another one you may want to try ( if it can be bought in the states ) is a whisky called monkey shoulder,very smooth tasting whisky one may add.

wubble
    I'm in the UK so it shouldn't be too difficult for me to get hold of. I'll have to write it down, unfortunately I'm a student so I haven't got much money to spend on whisky :(

Garrik
    It is a dear one that monkey shoulder £27 pounds so only on special occasions,but by lord is it tasty.

wubble