Skip to content

Kit restrictions for ranger/cleric dual class?

Are any/all ranger kits able to dual class to cleric (assuming stat restrictions are met) or are some or all of the ranger kits not able to dual?

Comments

• schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    Beastmaster I believe can dual class, but it really impacts your weapon and armor selection. Archer and stalker can't I know (but you wouldn't want them to)
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I don't recall any kit of any class normally eligible to dual to be restricted, so I would say any ranger kit can dual into cleric.

Also, for such short questions/answers we have this thread
    WanderonJuliusBorisovRAM021
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    In EE all ranger kits can dual AFAIK.
    elminsterjackjackRAM021
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    Archer would make no sense since its main ability is nullified by cleric weapons ... and stalker backstabbing is severely weaker with just blunt (club and staff I guess?)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    There used to be a restriction on this in I think the original ToB but BGEE/BG2EE/IWDEE should allow you to dual class any ranger kit into a cleric.
    jackjackWanderonJuliusBorisov
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    elminster said:

There used to be a restriction on this in I think the original ToB but BGEE/BG2EE/IWDEE should allow you to dual class any ranger kit into a cleric.

Kewl beans - I like this just from the standpoint of making some oddball .... errr interesting characters even if they may be more inept rather than adept... :-)
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I always liked the idea of a stalker/cleric. Staff is the best weapon to backstab with in BG2 anyway ...
    jackjackWanderonJuliusBorisovRAM021
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    For whatever reason in BG2:SoA all ranger kits could dual classed to Cleric but with ToB installed the option is removed for Stalkers and Archers and only Beastmasters could dual class.
    ShikaoJuliusBorisovRAM021
    It's really too bad the Archer cant choose any ranged weapon to master - Slingmaster/cleric would be awesome ;-)
    jackjackJuliusBorisovRAM021
  • jimmysdabestcopjimmysdabestcop Member Posts: 74
    Yeah slingmaster would be really cool
    JuliusBorisovShikao
    Slingmaster is an option in mod Scales of Balance mod by @subtledoctor‌.
    JuliusBorisovelminsterjackjack
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Suggestion: consider priest kit to Ranger duel class.
    Shikao
    Fardragon said:

Suggestion: consider priest kit to Ranger duel class.

Now that's a suggestion I have not considered before - interesting!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterShikaojackjack

Yeah but it's halfling-only, so no dualling unless you've altered who can dual-class...

Duh, I keep forgetting about it... For too long I am using modified 2da, so all races can be any class, multi and dual =P

jackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjack
    Cleric with no spells - now that's one for the gimpy party LOL
    jackjack
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    He can still turn undead. Not that they need much turning.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Worth noting that the archer's attack and damage bonuses do apply to slings, even if they can't grandmaster in them. So an archer/cleric wouldn't be totally pointless.
    WanderonShikaoRAM021
    Redrake said:

He can still turn undead. Not that they need much turning.

Is turning undead based entirely on cleric level for IWDEE - no stat involved?

Wanderon said:

Is turning undead based entirely on cleric level for IWDEE - no stat involved?

Yes. One can tell you played a lot of IWD2. No bonus spells for Sorcerers for having extra Cha or AC for Monks with extra Wis either.

Bonus spells for clerics and druids from extra Wis applies though.

By the time you reach TotL undead, a pally can turn those ghosts without any problems, so a pure cleric would make the game actually too easy.
    Shikao
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Redrake 3.X ed, not necessarily IWD2. I always thought @Wanderon sounds familiar from NWN.
    elminster

@Redrake 3.X ed, not necessarily IWD2. I always thought @Wanderon sounds familiar from NWN.

IWD2 in Wanderon's case.
    We've known each other from some other board since when the BIS was still alive and kicking. And NWN was just freshly released back then.

FinneousPJ
    Yeah, 10 years ago we're probably arguing about various tactics about IE games at Ashford City forums (for those who are unaware, the immediate successor for Interplay and BIS boards). A year later Ashford City also died and the community was dispersed, but still remained among the few other boards (mostly dedicated to modding).