Skip to content

Reaching the level cap

Is it possible to reach the level cap on a single playthrough with a 6 member party?

Comments

• michael1324michael1324 Member Posts: 26
    can u help me I just bought this game and I get an error when trying to launch it. The crash does not give me a reason why it just says to email beamdog which I did.
  • skaterfezzskaterfezz Member Posts: 43
    I would but I have no idea how, but don't worry im sure someone more knowledgeable about that kind of stuff will come along and solve your problem.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Is it possible to reach the level cap on a single playthrough with a 6 member party?

No.
    skaterfezzJuliusBorisov
  • skaterfezzskaterfezz Member Posts: 43
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Fardragon said:

No.
    Even on full HoF run?

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    It's entirely POSSIBLE to reach the level cap, simply because you can repeatedly rest and fight ambushes for XP. Of course that's incredibly tedious and sort of outside of the normal way most people play. If you just play through the campaign normally and don't grind, you won't reach the XP cap. If you play HoF from the start, you might (depending on class).
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    When IWD was designed, Black Isle wanted to design a game without a level cap. That isn't actually possible, so they put it so high that it wasn't (realistically) possible to reach.

When someone in the publishers realised this, they complained about having an impossible to reach level cap, and so HoF mode was added as an afterthought. It's a fairly pointless activity though - whilst it may be possible to reach level 30, most classes stop gaining new abilities long before that, nor are there any enemies in IWD appropriate for characters of that level.
    JuliusBorisov
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    On a core run you can get 12.000.000-15.000.000 px. Playing insane double that, and HoF give you even more.
    A thief in a 6 member party needs 27.000.000 xp, so you can max him in an insane run.
    A mage needs 45.000.000 xp, I don't think you can gain that much without farming in HoF.
    Every other single class is in the middle.
    JuliusBorisovRAM021
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    edited November 2014
    I notice the burial isle, under ground part, has respawns. about 30% of the mobs seem to repop

is there a cleric lvl the wailin virgins can be destroyed with turn undead? if its 15+ then not worth the rinse/repeat at that lvl.

fighting them manually is doable i guess.....just dull. (lvls 11-13)
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Yep, we have Turn Undead Tables thanks to @Abel‌.

Wailing Virgin have level 9, require cleric level 11 to turn and 16 to destroy (in HoF 23 turn, 29 destroy)
    AbeljackjackJuliusBorisov
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    thanks for that!

as am still using the cleric/ranger lvl 23 is a LONG way off lol. Think the cleric is near 11 atmo. SO might come back and see how high my boredom threashold is! I planned to get the ave party member to 14 or 15 before going to trials of luremaster. Maybe its doable earlier, but perhaps my inner ocd is coming out there, 15 seems like a rounded number ...
    JuliusBorisov