Skip to content

IWDEE for Mac from Beamdog?

Has something happened to the mac version of IWDEE? I can't download it from Beamdog. Whenever I go to my account I see it listed under my purchased games, but when I click on it I'm told that it does not exist!

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Okay, I managed to download "IWDEE-Setup.exe" to my Macbook Air. (I had to go to my "confirmation of purchase" e-mail message to do so. For some reason the link within my account goes nowhere.)

After unzipping 'IWDEE-Setup.exe', I opened the file "IWDEE-Setup". However, I cannot open anything within that file (including "IWDEE.exe"). When I click on "IWDEE.exe" I receive the message "The contents of 'IWDEE.exe' cannot be extracted with this program." I'm using the Unarchiver. Is there some other program that I should be using instead?

I find this problem especially puzzling (and frustrating) since I never had any trouble with BGEE or BG2EE.

I've also e-mailed Beamdog support about this, but any help that other users might be able to provide would be appreciated.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You can access the Mac installer through the game's main store page. Just click install, then choose the Mac installer.
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2014
    If you mean go here:
    http://www.beamdog.com/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition/installers
    And then download the Mac installer, I did that.
    The problem is that when I unzip "IWDEE-Setup.exe" I encounter the problem mentioned above in my second post.
    It seems that the download for the Mac installer in fact gives you the Windows installer. (I just downloaded the Windows version to see if this is the case. As far as I can tell, it is.)
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    It should give you a link to both installers, the Windows IWDEE-Setup.exe from the one labeled Windows and the Mac IcewindDaleEnhancedEdition-1.1.13-799.dmg from the one labeled Mac OSX. Works that way for me, I just re-downloaded the dmg.

The direct Mac link is http://www.beamdog.com/files/IcewindDaleEnhancedEdition-1.1.13-799.dmg
    Thanks for the direct link, macomeau. That did the trick.

I swear that I kept getting IWDEE-Setup.exe when tried the Mac link (many times!) earlier. Perhaps I need new glasses...