Skip to content

Come check out some choice cuts of my new BG2 play through. Also

Also, where can I get a better bastard sword, first time speccing into bastard swords and I can't find even +2s from the store! Bag of holding only in the expac?

http://youtu.be/5-5Vp1ht_HQ

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited November 2014
    You can do Hexxat's quest in 15 minutes, tops. It nets you an item that works like a bag of holding if you are kind to her when the first quest is resolved and recruit her to your party.

There is a fire enchanted bastard sword in Underdark drow city and Foebane, once the mightiest of bastard swords, is in Watcher's Keep IIRC. You need to be in ToB to upgrade it to its former glory, though.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    edited November 2014
    More specifically, the statues in the 1st floor of Watchers Keep, give Foebane +4. Blade of Searing +2 or +3? Can't remember. You get from the drow tavern, the 1st drow-on-drow arena fight in there. And Jhor The Bleeder, where did you get that again?

Edit: Oh, and you get Fflar's Scabbard from Gromnir's Castle basement in Saradush. For upgrading Foebane to +5.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    theres a bastard sword on the mazelevel of watchers keep which can only be found by a lawful good character.
  • mrblackmrblack Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the intel, no way to get into watchers keep in shadows of amn right?
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited November 2014
    wubble said:

theres a bastard sword on the mazelevel of watchers keep which can only be found by a lawful good character.

But it can be used only by paladins.
    Anyway it's a great weapon, upgradable by Cespenar with the Eye of Tyr

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited November 2014
    mrblack said:

thanks for the intel, no way to get into watchers keep in shadows of amn right?

You can go to the Watcher's Keep whenever you want, as long as you can exit Athkatla.
    For example the first floor is quite easy, and you can get the Foebane pretty soon.
    Ah, there is a Bag of Holding in SoA too, in Spellhold.