Skip to content

dual class

There is no option to dual class. I made a mistake with one of my people and I need to change his class in someway. Do I have to start all over? I am already to Vale of Shadows.

Comments

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    You can only dual-class humans. If the character is not human you can only multi-class when you first create that character.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Dual classing is an advanced feature that requires specific stats and only works with certain class combinations and, as mentioned, is only available to humans.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    you could always remove that character from the party then pregenerate a new character and import them into the game
    the xp difference at that stage of the game would be negligible
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    What kind of mistake? You can complete IWD with pretty much any party.
  • mewp12mewp12 Member Posts: 61
    I have two clerics and thought this was like IWD2 where they can carry weapons. Not so here. Other than wimpy ones. I need someone that can use a bow.
  • mewp12mewp12 Member Posts: 61
    When can I dual class a human? So far I haven't had the option.
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    After they get to level 2. But they need to have sufficient stats, too. They need 15 in their current class's prime requisite (wisdom, for a cleric), and 17 in the prime requisite of the new class. And a compatible alignment (thieves can't be lawful good, rangers must be good of some kind, et cetera).
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    And keep in mind a cleric dualed still has to follow cleric weapon restrictions.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    atcDave said:

And keep in mind a cleric dualed still has to follow cleric weapon restrictions.

Druid too!
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    The blunt weapons that a cleric can use include maces, flails and hammers and include many of the best weapons in the game. Additionally, blunt as a damage type is superior as there is the least amount of resistances to blunt weapons among the foes that you fight.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2014
    mewp12 said:

When can I dual class a human? So far I haven't had the option.

You probably don't have high enough stats. For a cleric to duel class to fighter they need strength 17 and wisdom 15. As others have pointed out, you will still be unable to use a bow after duel classsing.

The vale of shadows isn't to far in to consider restarting. You can export the characters you are happy with and restart.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Wowo said:

The blunt weapons that a cleric can use include maces, flails and hammers and include many of the best weapons in the game. Additionally, blunt as a damage type is superior as there is the least amount of resistances to blunt weapons among the foes that you fight.

Warhammer +4 Defender. That's the best blunt weapon you can find. It is however a random drop in Marketh's Palace.