Skip to content

The easiest PC character to play through BGEE with?

2»

Comments

• AutarAutar Member Posts: 3
    Most of the classes should be doable. BG1 its easy with ranged weapons, Buy the proper ammunition for harder fights and you are set. There is no really hard fights in the core game, some little harder fight come in the expansion, maybe there a couple of protection scrolls are helpful. I think certain druid kits are the best classes for a start (Totemic or Shapeshifter).
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited November 2014
    If you like min-maxing, I say
    Human Berzerker
    Str 18/xx
    Dex 18
    Con 18
    Int 11-17 (if dualling to Mage)
    Wis 9
    Cha 9
    (83-89 points, pretty strong roll if you get high enough exceptional strength)
    Dual to Mage at lvl 9 if you take the Charname into BG2. Watch stuff die.

Although personally I prefer:
    Gnome Fighter/Illusionist
    Str 15-18/xx
    Dex 14-18
    Con 16-18
    Int 18-19
    Wis 9-17 (if using limited Wish later in BG2)
    Cha 9+
    81-100+ points (Munchkin roll, I know)
    Watch stuff die horribly.

The Zerker has the universal immunity button, higher potential HP, and more, while the Gnome is brutally powerful throughout the saga.
    Post edited by jackjack on
    JuliusBorisov
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Berserkers are ridiculously good, this is true, and the lack of specializing in ranged weaponry won't hurt them much at all, especially since 1 pip is all you really need to benefit from early-game missile weapon cheese. Hell you don't even need that since you can just put pips in Axes and hurl throwing axes at people until you hit about level 3.
    jackjack
  • damian5000damian5000 Member Posts: 6
    Just want to say thanks to all who took the time to reply. Looks like a lot of options to get through it relatively easily. Seems berserker and cavalier mentioned the most.
    jackjack
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    The easiest to play through BGEE with is an Elven Archer IMO. Whenever you see an enemy you just point and click and it dies almost instantly. No enemies in the first BG can withstand more than a few shots since everything has lowish hit points. That means that you can kill almost anything in the game in less than 2 rounds. You've also got a great selection of arrows. Dispel arrows plus biting arrows destroys any mage in the game (assuming you even need to bother with this since he shouldn't be able to get off any spells before you've killed him).

Keep in mind that I think this is the "easiest" to play as, not necessarily the most fun or most powerful.
    Shikaojackjack
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    edited December 2014
    The Dwarven Defender is also an excellent option. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned already.
    jackjack