Skip to content

Lothander poison quest

I'm on the Lothander poison quest. Unfortunately, I pick pocketed the Tome of Understanding, and I used it. I can't pickpocket the geas from the priestess even though I have 100 pick pocket. I'd even be willing to cheat to fix this. I just don't want to play 5 hours over again :o(. What should I do to fix this?

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    you can always kill her
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    failing that if you've sided with the priestess of umberlee against the farmers you can call in a favour and she'll get you the geas.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    You have ten days, I believe, before you die so if you haven't snagged the Tome of Understanding from the upper levels of Durlag's Tower you could grab that one and give it to her. There are three altogether in the game, but I don't know if you could get to the Candlekeep Tome in time to avoid poisoning. It might be possible if you avoid resting a lot.

Or, you could use the console codes to create another Tome to give to her.
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    I second what @wubble said : killing her allows you to simply loot the geas removing scroll from her body (also the child's body if this isn't done already), doesn't lower your rep, and nets you some nice xp on top of that.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited December 2014
    I always thought it was really weird how the option to say "actually I don't have it trololololo!", after asking for the scroll first, is only visible if you actually do have the tome in your inventory.