Skip to content

World Map

kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Not too long ago I had previously Installed The Big World Project (I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with this mod)
and found it be fantastic, The World map was ridiculously large and added an abundant amount of new area's to explore.

I would love to see this implemented in both BG1&2, alas as an addon/utility that could be downloaded so you could independently install new areas/quests created by the modding community (world map would need to be worked on to add a larger area). Would work wonders on BG2 because i can't help but feel the world map outside the city of Athkatla was lacking in exploration.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    My only problem with the world map mod is the size. Let's be realistic, nobody exploring certain lands would use a world map. They would reference a world map to charter those particular lands.

It's just uncomfortable trying to focus on the Sword Coast part whith all this map around it. It's very clever and it should be, in my honest opinion, be updated in a higher quality of image (.JPG looks yucky but it saves hard disk ay?).

There are two options for it, however. A large map and a tighter map, but I prefer the normal map.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited August 2012
    If anything, they should expand the map so that BG1, BG2, and ToB can all be seen, (Not places though).
    Yes, I know that will mean rotating one of the maps 180 degrees.
    http://images.wikia.com/forgottenrealms/images/4/45/Map_-_Faerun_-_2E.jpg
    Look at Eastern Tethyr, In ToB, the Marching Mountains are in the Northeast with Saradush in the Middle West.
    Shin
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @GemHound I've always wanted a unified world map as well. Ideally, in BG2 it should cover all areas from BG1 and BG2, and in ToB it should cover all areas in the game.. so you can go where you please.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited August 2012
    @Shin agreed. Though, to make it more realistic, they would hopefully add extra things to the past maps to simulate what the character caused in his/her path of constructive destruction.
    Post edited by GemHound on