Skip to content

#7523 [CORE] - Rescuing Phaere - Solaufein bug

ArgenteeArgentee Member Posts: 3
edited February 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I received the quest for rescuing Phaere, but when I go to the spot near the entrance to the Mind Flayer city, Solaufein isn't there. If I go back to the Drow city, he's hanging around the entrance and when you try to talk to him, he just says "My mind is occupied with thoughts of the future, and I have no time for idle chatter."

Saved game attachment link, just in case it doesn't show up.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• ArgenteeArgentee Member Posts: 3
    Further investigation: If I sleep near where the battle happened just outside the drow city, I get a message: N'ashtar has cast Stoneskin. But look as I might, I can't find N'ashtar.
  • ArgenteeArgentee Member Posts: 3
    Argentee said:

Further investigation: If I sleep near where the battle happened just outside the drow city, I get a message: N'ashtar has cast Stoneskin. But look as I might, I can't find N'ashtar.

I located N'ashtar, killed him, when to where Solaufein should be... nothing. He's still moping in the city entrance.
  • TropikTropik Member Posts: 12
    I got this same bug I cant progress the story.
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for including the save.

It seems that, for whatever reason, Solaufein didn't leave the drow city like he was supposed to. As such, he never made it to the outside, and so his dialog that moves the story forward never fired since it looks for him to be in the correct area. A workaround would be to create another Solaufein in the correct area.

CLUAConsole: CreateCreature("UDSOLA01")

He'll be created under your cursor, and it's not a bad idea to put him around where he should be. The problem with this method is that the Solaufein in the city will still be there and there's not really a great way to remove him. If you ignore him, you should be fine.

Alternatively, you can create a new Imrae, reset some variables, and have your conversation over again. This can be a little screwy because I don't necessarily know your first dialog choices with Solaufein, and he likes you more if you act like a drow around him.

CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("SolaufeinLikes", "GLOBAL", 1)
    CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("SolaufeinJob", "GLOBAL", 1)
    CLUAConsole: CreateCreature("UDIMRAE")

You can set SolaufeinLikes to 0 if you just said you were Veldrin and -1 if you acted pathetic. It doesn't matter as far as progression is concerned though. I believe this solution will make everything peachy keen, so you don't have to worry about anything messing up later on.

Good luck!
  • DoomiathDoomiath Member Posts: 10
    Well I got stuck at waiting for Phaere.. Never came to eastern pass... There is Sola there though but he is not responding correctly. I tryed the command consol but i got the same problem again and again.
    And this is my save.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Doomiath could you zip/rar your save game, I can't make that type of file to work in my computer.
    Here and thanks in advance!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Doomiath your welcome, but you have to grab all the save game folder (name starts with 00000 something) so I can see what is happening.
    I see. I will send it when i am home!
    Gate70 said:

That sounds like this one
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/442687#Comment_442687

edited - added GLOBAL to console commands.

Try
    C:GetGlobal("SolNoTalk1","GLOBAL")

If it is set to 1, reset it back to zero
    C:SetGlobal("SolNoTalk1","GLOBAL","0")

I don't think we ever established why it happened

It worked!!!!!
    Thank you so much, both of you :)
    You realy saved me!
    Cheers!
    Gate70 said:

@Doomiath good to hear but can you zip and attach the 0000nnnnn- save folder so we can investigate why it happened and get it reported.
    Thanks

Oh sorry! Here, this save is before i put the command in console!
    Thanks again :)
    Well when i first got to underdark the protagonist was not moving normaly. He was making small steps and stopped and after a few steps he wasn't moving at all! So i had to click again in order to go at my point!
    I dont think so because I removed every piece of equipment and still got this problem but when I press Alt+Tab it's getting better for 5mins or so!
  • Chromatic5Chromatic5 Member Posts: 30
    I've got the same bug, solufein won't meet me in the southeast corner. I'm on the ipad so I can't use the console work around.
  • Chromatic5Chromatic5 Member Posts: 30
    @Gate70

Thanks for the advice, I ended up reloading a save from a couple hours before and went straight there and he showed up. Then i redid the stuff I needed too.

Kind of a hassle, but this is the first major glitch I've seen. Hopefully no more!
  • brunofalleirosbrunofalleiros Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    I had the same bug... when I met Solaufein near the Illithids nest entrance, I talk to him and he just keeps saying he's having future thoughts. The quest doesn't proceed... I believe the problem is that I maybe went to the illithid nest before talking to him (just maybe)...

Could anyone fix this bug for me?
    I try to attach my savegame, but it appears a message that this kind of file is not allowed... how do you guys do to send the savegames?
    Guys, I entered the drow city and talked to Soulafein... he told me to meet him by the illithid nest entrance and so I did... but when I got there, he just kept saying he was worried about future thoughts, and nothing hapened.

I went to the nest and cleared it, cleared all the map and didn`t find Phaere... I'm basicly stuck...

Can anyone help me? I don't know how to use the clua console and these things...

(I can't attach the savegame, because I receive a message that this kind of file is not allowed)...
    edited December 2014
    Here it is (my save) @bengoshi‌
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @brunofalleiros‌ could you zip and attach the entire 0000nnnnn-savename folder please.
    Thanks