Skip to content

transferring saved games from one phone to another

I was playing on my galacy s3 and I just recently got an s5. How do I get my saved game from my s3 onto my s5?? I don't want to start over but will if I have to. Thanks in advance

Comments

• tulkas13tulkas13 Member Posts: 4
    Come on help
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    You should find saves in: storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/
    according to @Dice42‌ and this thread
    How do I transfer it to my new phone once I find it
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    Copy it somewhere (a computer? an SD card?), paste in the same directory on the new phone.
    I put the saved games onto my SD card. N put the SD card into my new phone. Moved filed onto new phone. N didn't work
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2014
    You're not giving a lot of info to help with troubleshooting.

If you copy the whole /save folder and put it in the same place on the new phone, it should work. If you pick individual savegame folders (########### - Save game name) and copy them to the new /save folder in the new install directory on the new device, it should work.

If you're pulling individual .sav or .gam files out of the folders, it won't work. If you accidentally duplicate the path by putting your old /save folder inside the new /save folder (creating /save/save), it won't work.

I should note, I don't have the Android version. I'm just working off how I know BG works and how I know Android works.
  • TraumaDramaTraumaDrama Member Posts: 56
    Did you have to buy BG again, or can you transfer the game too?
  • CuCuJamboCuCuJambo Member Posts: 1
    You have game in Google play, so go and download with new device.