Skip to content

Road to v1.3 (Survey and Discussion)

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited December 2014 in The Road to v1.3 (BGII:EE)
Welcome to the Road to 1.3, Beamdog's official preview event for the 1.3 patch for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. Our gorgeous release notes document is attached to the bottom of this post; be sure to peruse its thirty-seven pages of patchy goodness to see what's in store with 1.3!

If you already have the BGII:EE Beta, all you need to do is update the build and start playing. If you don't have access yet, just follow the instructions HERE and we'll get you set up.

Once you have installed and experienced the Beta, please take a moment to fill out this survey rating a number of the patch's improvements: Answer our Survey!

Download the Release Notes

Post edited by Dee on
AdulDarKelPShikaoJuliusBorisovStarflower2525Silverstarkaguanahook71DoubledimasNecdilzorCrevsDaakOxvaNonnahswriterlunarlolienDiscoCatCrossfire876TRoarHurricaneRavenslightJonelethIrenicusAlexDeLargeMayirahcDexterSchopenhauerNoobaccaMusaabkamuizinmungomunkDark_Ansemjackjack

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited December 2014
    We all have waited for it much longer than since October 21 (the date seen as the creation date of the OP). Thanks for making it finally happen.

As the proverb says, all things come to those who wait.

Hamsters and gamers everywhere, rejoice!
    kaguanaStarflower2525lolien
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited December 2014
    Good job on the release notes, they look great! Also good job on the patch itself. I haven't yet tested everything, obviously, but if this thing is relatively bug-free it'll be amazing.

Level Drain not clearing spell memorizations is a great improvement. This was one of the most annoying things in SoA, and not in a good way - Level Drain is enough of a punishment in itself. It doesn't need to be incredibly annoying just to be effective.

Quick loot item stacking is awesome, although I'm still very much craving a quick loot key bind option for it to become an even more useful feature.

I have only one criticism, and it's the new "feature" that disables NPC banters by default in multiplayer. I don't think it's a good idea to disable one of the strongest features of the game in either the single- or multiplayer game mode. This is one of those things that I'll have to keep at the back of my mind and remember to make sure it's disabled in the ini file for the host, who might not be me whenever I'm about to play a multiplayer game with friends. This is a remarkably bad decision for Baldur's Gate, in my opinion. Please consider disabling this new option by default.

Otherwise, everything looks great so far. Good job!
    Post edited by Adul on
    kaguana
    edited December 2014
    @Dee Based on my experience, I don't think that's the case. I have played through BG2 in multiplayer before (both vanilla and EE) and in all cases banters and romances were present during the game.

I guess I'm conflating NPC banters with other types of NPC interactions and dialog. I'd still want banters as well as all NPC dialog to be enabled in multiplayer by default.
    Post edited by Adul on
    lolien
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Very impressive! Can't wait for the Beta to be finished!
    lolien
    edited December 2014
    Sorry, double post.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Reading through the patch notes took quite a while even though I skipped several sections. It's one patchy patch.

... love the "manual" you've made, as always.
    Adullolien
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    edited December 2014
    The new feature "pregenerate" seems to be broken.

-> Pregenerate an Avenger in SoA (with 16 CON).
    -> New Game , import above pregenerated character

BUG: At the start of the game he has 144 HP at Level 8 (information screen says: +8 bonus HP per Lvl)

Expected behaviour: HP should be (Level 8 Avenger with 16 CON) at MAX 8*8 + 8*2 = 80 HP

edit:
    > difficulty = Core
    > Creating a new Avenger (CON = 16) as usual results in getting the Maximum HP allowment of 80 HP
    (Is this intended? I recall in vanilla it didn't create your character with MAX HP but a bit lower respecting the random 1D8 hit dice a Druid gets per level up).
    Post edited by hansolo on
    elminsterlolien
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I have found an issue with the spell "Web". After casting the spell, you can't make out the affected area anymore, as all of the small web animations that are usually appearing and disappearing are gone. There is only sometimes a single web animation visible at a random location in the effect area (as seen in the screenshot). This makes the spell almost as dangerous to the party as to the target. I have also marked the approximate area of the effect in the screenshot.

elminsterlolienJuliusBorisovzwadek
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    *German ON*

Gut, ich les hier ein paar Release-Seiten rein! Ich warte lieber auf die Endphase, dass ich mich selber nicht herunterzuladen zu müssen... (Garfield-Prinzip)

*German OFF*
    lolienJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    So is the character HP problem been identified? I just created a Shadowdancer with 12 con and he ended up with 96 hp. Significantly more than Minsc at 79hp with 16 con.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Dee said:

Yep, it's been identified and fixed internally.

Fantastic thanks Dee! I guess I'll trundle on with my OP thief while it lasts.
    lolienproccoJuliusBorisov
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    "Multi-class warriors now receive bonus APR per level from all warrior levels"

... wat? Surely you mean thac0? Having 10 attacks at lvl 20 might be a bit over the top? xD
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    "per level" maybe should have read "based on level".
    elminsterJuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Can Cleric/Thieves pick locks and disarm traps in the Black Pits? This fails in 1.2 as it thinks any special ability not on the first page is magical, and so is disabled.
  • VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
    Just curious, as I didn't notice any mention of it in the release notes - do throwing daggers now get a strength bonus to damage (as in BG:EE)?

By the way, I heartily agree with @StefanO - that release notes document is awesome!
    JuliusBorisovwubble
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    @Dee I'm assuming we can use the subforum to open up new topics for reporting tangible bugs and issues? (don't want to clutter the discussion thread)

Well, I'm off to perusing those 37 pages of patchy goodness. :)
    And I also agree, those are the most beautifully curated patch notes I've ever seen! Now I can brag that I've recently found the time again to enjoy an exquisit and sophisticated book. :D Great job, Dee.
    JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    Dee said:

"per level" maybe should have read "based on level".

Yes, maybe.. but only just maybe.. ;)
    lolienShikaoCrevsDaak
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Very nice patch note presentation. I found myself enjoying reading them instead of doing a quick skim over to find out about what I was most concerned with.
    JuliusBorisovlolienStarflower2525jackjack
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    edited December 2014
    @Dee‌ @Jalily‌
    Has anything been done in regards to Neera's quest and the risk of breaking all of them if you go after the blue elf too soon? Didn't see anything about it in the notes, and this was one of my biggest disappointments with Neera's quest.
    Post edited by Sed on
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited December 2014
    For some reason the Colored marked option isn't working right at last for me, only I'm marked with my color and the rest of the party are white when all the party selected but once only one character selected I can see the other coloring is this deliberately?

JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.