Skip to content

Confusion spells

This is the only thing that is giving me problems on HOF mode.

I nearly wiped in the marketh fight due to my chars all being confused. Had one guy with immunity from a katana and the rest were all going mental.

My archer was hasted and wiped out 4 members of my party. My pally lived cos of bad AI.....he came out of confusion around the corner and the mages didnt attack him. Was kinda scary to see how much damage the archer was delivering! A taste of my own medicine lol (on hof mode he hit for max damage with every shot: 38)

Theres a high lvl spell (7 or 8) that blokcs or removes confusion i forget which.

Is there a lower lvl one ive missed? what other methods can i use? any potions?

other than the katana, there must be some gear too?

Comments

• ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    Chaotic Commands.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Chaotic command the 5th level priest spell should protect one person from confusion and other mental effects.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Sanctity of the mind, globe of invulnerability, spell immunity: enchantment, spell turning, spell deflection all might help.

Good saves will definitely help, the reason that confusion and chaos are so powerful is due to their save penalties so if you can offset that with some bonuses you should be okay.

Would protection from evil help?
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228

This is the only thing that is giving me problems on HOF mode.

I nearly wiped in the marketh fight due to my chars all being confused. Had one guy with immunity from a katana and the rest were all going mental.

My archer was hasted and wiped out 4 members of my party. My pally lived cos of bad AI.....he came out of confusion around the corner and the mages didnt attack him. Was kinda scary to see how much damage the archer was delivering! A taste of my own medicine lol (on hof mode he hit for max damage with every shot: 38)

Theres a high lvl spell (7 or 8) that blokcs or removes confusion i forget which.

Is there a lower lvl one ive missed? what other methods can i use? any potions?

other than the katana, there must be some gear too?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/580020/#Comment_580020
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    vaguely recall in bg2 (havent played the EE version yet)

there were a few helmets had protection from mind effects.

Am guessing in iwd theres limited stuffs that give this protection?

tbh now am past markeths palace, there might be limited stuff that cast this....ignoring the undead in the idol area, as i have a plan on how to wipe them out :)

heheh you think have a powerful party and then the game throws you a curve ball; FUN !

Guess, in reality you cant cover all the bases at once?!

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Dispel Magic is a third level spell. Keep one close and cast chaotic commands on your cleric.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2014
    The third level cleric spell Exaltation also removes confusion. It's supposed to also protect from confusion, but the protection didn't work right in the original IWD - I'm not sure if EE fixed it.

A priest of Tyr can cast it for free starting at first level, which is probably the main draw of the kit.

I always load up on Exaltation spells when entering the myconid caverns.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014
    Exaltation does protect against a number of mental related spells (confusion, fear, sleep, intoxication, etc) in the EE.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    some great advice here! thanks)