Skip to content

[DUPE] - Slayer Change bug

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
This one i tought important to list in separate.

Current Behavior: Slayer Change is avaliable for only one use in the game (as a charged item). Use it and you can't use the change after that.

Expected Behavior: Slayer Change should be able to be used one time per day (per rest).
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26099/the-consolidated-reported-issues-thread-please-read-before-posting

This thread contains important information about bug reporting, as well as a link to the thread in which this particular bug is being tracked.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Yes, so? A while ago the only requeriments where the expected behavior and the current behavior. It's not a graphic issue (that could be from my computer), neither it's a crash report that need reproduction. It's something that from nature i presume is happening in everyone else games.

Still... why not. Here it goes.

By the way i have no hurry in fix this problem, Slayer isn't necessary to finish the game and the hell trial for the evil patch just need the banter option, not the change itself (in the old BG2 at least).
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    This was reported as issue 5703 and should be fixed by the next patch.
    So it's not an issue then? So can someone provide me a fix if it already exist? @LiamEsler, do you know which string in EE Shadow Keeper innate ability list representate the slayer change?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    It is an issue, but this is a duplicate topic. It's fixed for the next patch; check the workarounds topic, if there's a temporary solution it'll be there. :)
    In ToB, when we get the piocket plane ability, it give back slayer ability back... for one charge only again... no workaround atm for this bug...
    edited December 2014
    Ok, i'm ressurecting this one.

OP made in November 2013. As suggested by @LiamEsler, i researched on the workaround thread to no avail, even made a request for a workaround with the slayer issue in December 2013.

One competly year has been passed and the same issue continue. when i made this OP, i'm pretty sure the game wasn't modded, so i have a clean install with the issue in the past and a reproduction of the same bug today.

I only use slayer change with evil parties, that's why the large amount of time of the OP and the current post.

Until now we have as manifests from the devs a work around loose inside in the 5703 issue that don't solve the problem, an cluaconsole command that solve the problem but it's not the best way to solve the problem (have to cluaconsole after each rest time) and a open bug thread in the run with no solution [Known #5703] [CORE] - Shapechange not regained after resting spoiler

There's an issue with keep taking damage from long period of slayer form even after turn back to normal, it's being evaluated in the thread [Mod] Slayer form kills me after I change back to normal. Apparently it's an Big Pictures Ascension mod, and even not being a core bug, if solved would be really appreciated (and would make the only ascension working mod avaliable atm playable).

So, @Dee, @LiamEsler, @Cuv, if possible another look in this matter i would appreciate (i also made an post in the slayer form kills me thread, one that maybe help solve that non-core issue).
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The coming update will fix this problem.