Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Community Game: This reminds me of the time when...

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
I had a good idea and here's how it works. But first a pretty introduction-type header.

Welcome to the 'This reminds me of the time when...' game, where the story never ends!

The first person says something that happened in Baldur's Gate, the next person then says what that incident reminds them of in their own game. Make it up, be creative, have fun!

I will start. Once, I was totin' my sword along a road, with my band of loyal followers, dragging a trail in the dirt as I strolled. The trail filled up with the sweat that was dripping from my giant biceps and small ants which attempted to cross the river had to jump. Bandits ambushed us in our sleep, I guess I didn't make it hard to find.

What does this remind you of? Remember to start each post with 'This reminds me of the time when...' or you will LOSE.
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    this reminds me of the time that aerie ambushed me while i was sleeping and tried to seduce me and i thought, wow, after all this time!!!! So i was oooooh yeah, come to big daddy, let me show you how we fly down here. And then the next day, i woke up and she said "......sorry, i can't call you *BIG* daddy anymore. :((
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    edited August 2012
    This reminds me of the time when Aerie suddenly woke up at night screaming in fear. She told me she had a nightmare about her past, that she had her wings sawed off and such. I told her that nightmares such as those are nothing to be afraid about. I dream about blood, murder, and a sinister voice all the time. All the time.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    CCarluNN said:

This reminds me of the time when Aerie suddenly woke up at night screaming in fear. She told me she had a nightmare about her past, that she had her wings sawed off and such. I told her that nightmares such as those are nothing to be afraid about. I dream about blood, murder, and a sinister voice all the time. All the time.

All. The. Time. *haunted, distant gaze*
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    This reminds me of the time Uncle Boppo brought in a harpy he found while selling turnips. You see, he sold turnips in the places not many others would go and would often make a killing doing so if he wasn't being killed in the process! Anyway, the harpy had broken wings and she did nothing but complain about them and how life on the ground was horrible and she didn't understand how we could all stand it. This went on for days until finally Uncle Boppo couldn't stand it any more. He went on a rant for hours about learning to live with the problems life hands us. The harpy, stunned, just looked into Boppo's eyes, let out a shriek, and lunged at him. It's lucky for him that she wasn't used to life on the ground and tripped on a turnip, falling onto a set of sewing needles Aunt Gertie had left lying around.
    alannahsmithEpitomyofShynessThe_New_Romance
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    This reminds me of the time I was sewing a pair of trousers for my nephew's cousin's father, who never seemed to have enough pairs of trousers. It turns out he doesn't wear them, he uses them to make hammocks. That's the last time I give away free pants.
    MoomintrollEpitomyofShyness
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    This reminds me of the time I spent at the Friendly Arms Inn. Some nobleman gave me his pantaloons for some reason unknown to me. I threw them away on the ground of the temple next to the inn so I could carry an extra potion (can't remember which one it was, maybe healing, or was it a scroll?). No more pantaloons for me.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    This reminds me of the time when I had just left Candlekeep and was exploring the map following the death of Gorion. Imoen and I were exploring the woods when suddenly a wolf lunged at her. She tried to run away and I cast magic missile to ward off the beast. Sadly, it did not take much for the beast to overwhelm her. No more Imoen for me.
  • AvengerLynxAvengerLynx Member Posts: 24
    This reminds me of the time when my band of adventurers and I were off fighting some basilisks east of the temple in Beregost. Poor old Branwen - who happened to be putting up a tough fight fight with her hammer of thunderbolts - got hit with a petrification ray, and was turned to stone (again!). Without thinking, Dynaheir cast a fireball at the basilisk in anger, not realizing the effect it would have on the now-stone Branwen. Although the basilisk keeled over in pain, the statue of Branwen shattered into hundreds of tiny pieces at the impact of the fireball, and our noble warrior-priest was never to be seen again.
    But as wise men say, one end leads to a new beginning, and our long quest to employ a new cleric had just begun…
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    This reminds me of the time when I realized that to have an effective healer I would have to learn to live with an annoying priest alternately lying to and hitting on me, or an annoying girl who couldn't stop complaining, or a psycho who the previous annoying priest would oggle all the time. I think I'd better start praying to the gods myself.
    The_New_Romance
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    This remind me of the time when I and my party trapped in the candle keep labyrinth , my evil cleric just stroll among the skeletons with turn undead on and the Skeletons started to fight among themselves.
    What joy .
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    Off topic - there are lipsticks in FR?
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

This reminds me of the time when I realized that to have an effective healer I would have to learn to live with an annoying priest alternately lying to and hitting on me, or an annoying girl who couldn't stop complaining, or a psycho who the previous annoying priest would oggle all the time. I think I'd better start praying to the gods myself.

Maybe I'm dense, but what characters are we referring to, here?
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Very interesting. Keep this topic going, folks! :)
    edited August 2012

This reminds me of the time of joy when Aerie, Imoen, Jaheria, Nalia, Viconia and I, spent an evening in the bedroom. It started off with a bottle of wine as the ladies showed off their new outfits. As the second bottle was opened, the pillow fights began and feathers were floating all around us as we laughed and drank.

I awoke with lipstick kisses all over me and the soft sound of their breathing as they lay exhausted against my Half-Orc character Grub.

Back on Topic.

This reminds me of the time that it was the next day and the ladies were all still in a coma, so i went out and got minsc, kivan, korgan, edwin, and xvar. Korgan wanted to open up something he called liver killer, and we all got drunk. At first there was fist fights and a magic missle or two. Then i don't remember much more but i woke up with lipstick and hamster bites all over, an axe in my skull, and edwin dancing over my slightly burnt weary self. Good thing for ring of fire resistance.

(btw, lipstick came from kivan, he was a little toooo tipsy....Damn 19 chrisma!!!)
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113

Maybe I'm dense, but what characters are we referring to, here?
    Off Topic - Anomen, Aerie, and Viconia, who are the only characters in BG2 with Turn Undead if your PC isn't a Cleric. And no your not dense, I was a bit vague. :-)

On Topic -

This reminds me of the time I first met Kivan. I had a Druid who thought she was my mother, and fighter who couldn't fight, a crazy Ranger, an aloof Mage, and a sweet Thief with me already. But Kivan was so awesome that I sat there trying to decide who to get rid of, but before I could decide I had accidentally told him I wasn't interested (to give me more time to think as I was in the middle of some business) and he vanished into the woods. I was very sad.

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited August 2012
    This reminds me of the time that I learned of my dark heritage to the Lord of Murder, Bhaal. Being a Paladin, I was unable to continue my adventure for a few days. A small part of me contemplated suicide, but that was dismissed at the idea that I should turn myself in to the temple of my god, Tyr, in hopes of being shown how I can justify my life, knowing that I am the son of one of the most evil creations in the cosmos.

It took meditation and time, but I came to the realization that in my life, I had done no wrong. I had murdered no innocent. I had helped those in need whenever I could. I have dedicated my life to the extermination of evil, and even though I am the son of it, I have not embraced it. I removed myself from my depressing solitude and embarked upon my quest once more, refusing to yield, break, or bow until darkness and damnation try to lay a claim on me, or I am given a clear sign that I must abandon my life due to my unmistakable heritage.

That reminds me of the time that i was thinking about all these things and took a hard blow to the head and the things minsc said started making sense. We went around rescuing hamsters and putting our boots into the back side of every evil we could find. When we finally made it to a temple to get restoration magic cast on me, my party was me, misnc and 10,000,000 hamsters of doom.

We never made near as much progress after we lost those talking hamsters.....