Skip to content

Best Plot Twist (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    The golden pantaloons having a purpose.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Magic missile and Fireball NOT being the only useful spells.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Everything is obvious with hindsight (why would a party need two thieves?), but to lose Yoshimo just when he was doing such a good job as a stand-in for Imoen really threw me into disarray the first time (not to mention all the good kit he took with him).
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I was already spoiled by internet about Yoshimo, so it never was a twist for me. Likewise, being a child of Bhaal was the first thing I learned about the game, especially I started off with the then technically superiour bg2 game. But still I think it is such a classic and iconic moment for a player new to Bg to learn he is the child of a dead, evil god. The hints and suggestions were there throughout the game, but everything starts to make sense suddenly when you learn this secret.

I wish I was a totally new bg player that pieced the hints and everything together and learned this fact in the game for the first time. It would have been a mind blowing experience.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @lunar The reason it was spoiled for me is because before I played the game, I watched my parents play the game.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    For all the problems that emerge later, I have to say that the Clara/Hexxat reveal was an impressive plot twist.
  • Krog81Krog81 Member Posts: 15
    Ok Firkragg .. I thought in my first game play when it came out that he was planning something but.. I didn't guess Who he REALLY was..
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    edited December 2014
    For me Yoshimo's betrayal was the most surprising by far. @Nonnahswriter‌ I did the same thing, though after reading playthroughs I couldn't be bothered to reload and instead justified it as Yeslick having gone berserk all of a sudden.
  • EmpyrialEmpyrial Member Posts: 107
    I actually never played that far with Yoshimo in BG2 my first time around. When I found Jan ("a wizard AND a thief!? Who needs this other guy then?") I dropped him. It wasn't until later play throughs that I actually had him betray me and I felt the shock. I felt bad for him and angry at the same time, well as angry as you can get at a computer game character. He had no choice but to betray me, but it felt like we had been through so much together that it was just a slap. Good twist though.

For me, the Firkraag twist wasn't that big. I didn't suspect him of being a dragon but I knew something was up too. 10K gold for some quick kills? Not possible. There was a catch somewhere in there.
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    I was so frustrated/sad/surprised when he turned on me and tried my best to make him change his mind. Maybe I should not have been that surprised since his very timely arrival in Irenicus dungeons was suspicious to say the least but the guy grew on me. Ended up investing in him since he was okay with my killing innocents/helping kittens metagaming so I was very sad when he was replaced with Imoen. Expected to see some more of him in TOB but nope... :disappointed:
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Not a major plot.
    Saemon Havarian, I like this scheming character.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I voted for the Charnames dad being Bhaal because it gave such a deliciously dark feel to the game. It made me feel that I had to work hard with all my choices if I wanted to keep the bad blood under control.

I would have voted for Yoshi, as it was a complete emotional shock. However I then realised I was left with nobody to open locks and defuse traps (Imoen? You've got to be bloody kidding - she's a hopeless thief!) and I hadn't invested in any magic spells to do it cos hey - I've got a great thief! ... and I was just so bloody furious at how frelled up that made all the rest of that game that occupied my mind wayyyy more than Yoshi.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Musigny Actually I find that Saemon is actually tied to the main plot, so by extension, he IS a major plot.