Skip to content

xp cap remover?

what works for EE ?

Not that am rushing to go above 30, but the bard seems to lvl up fast (26now)

What do folk think about doing this. Is it cheating?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    depends, I remember having an XP cap remover for bg2 EONS ago, which made it so you could grow to level 50 and it is very easy for a bard to hit around level 46 in ToB with it, and he had level 8 mage spells, what I usually do in icewind dale these days is play multi class characters, because a multiclass level 30/30 fighter/cleric is way better than a level 30 fighter or cleric, although that be a bit power gamey but that is what heart of fury is for, but realistically if an XP cap remover didn't give you extra spell that in theory you shouldn't have, the difference from level 30 to level 40 is only 20 HP ( but I assume you want the xp remover just for the fact of feeling accomplishment sort of thing? Kind of makes it boring when you hit the cap before the end with no further progression. I don't know if that made any sense but I think you kind of get the jist of what I mean)
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    Well my favf toon is my fighter.mage,thief. I can think of 2 lvl 9 spells i cant live without lol

Am assuming that sometime or other there will be fan made expansions to mess with. Although, maybe the folk capable of doing that are too busy with bg2 ?

Think i got to 44+ on bg about 8 years ago. WHich reminds me, why cant my priest summon a deva?
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Sorcerers.net have lvl 40 mod for IWD, but I am not promising it will work with EE.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Well my favf toon is my fighter.mage,thief. I can think of 2 lvl 9 spells i cant live without lol

Am assuming that sometime or other there will be fan made expansions to mess with. Although, maybe the folk capable of doing that are too busy with bg2 ?

Think i got to 44+ on bg about 8 years ago. WHich reminds me, why cant my priest summon a deva?

Deva is a HLA of which there are none in IWD.
    edited December 2014
    `Deva is a HLA of which there are none in IWD.`

this spell was in the original bg2. HLA are iwd2, right?

heres an old ref page:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/SpellsReference/DivineSpells.htm

I am not clear what it means by quested spells, as it was about 8yrs ago wheni played it, am fuzzy on that part )

[maybe i had this spell in throne of bhaal?]
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    No, Deva was not in original BG2. Like all HLAs it was added in ToB.
    Quest Spell is just fancy name for HLA spells for clerics/druids.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

`Deva is a HLA of which there are none in IWD.`

this spell was in the original bg2. HLA are iwd2, right?

heres an old ref page:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/SpellsReference/DivineSpells.htm

I am not clear what it means by quested spells, as it was about 8yrs ago wheni played it, am fuzzy on that part )

[maybe i had this spell in throne of bhaal?]

No Deva is from Throne of Bhaal. It's a High Level Ability which you can choose once you reach 3 million experience or any level gained thereafter.

IWD doesn't have HLAs so there is no deva.

Hope that clears things up for you.
    tbh devas were designed for fighting extra planar beings....not many those in IWD.

WOuld make most fights somewhat shorter.

thanks for refreshing my fuzzy memory )
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Use BG2Tweaks - it's actually in reality EETweaks now as it works for all the EE games. There is a component which removes the XP cap in that.