Skip to content

New pathfinding in beta 1.3

KICKS TOTAL ASS! No more micro.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I do notice that occasionally the party will split up when walking to a destination, but now that only happens when the route is genuinely shorter (i.e. My party is on one side of a short wall and I want them to go to the other side of it, and the starting point puts some characters at one end of the wall and some characters at the other end).
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    is this already in iwd:ee?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I am super excited for this. When my brother first heard about the EEs, his first question was "did they fix the pathfinding?" Now I can finally say "yes."
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    edited December 2014
    [Okay that was weird. Disregard this comment.]
  • Jarrakul said:

I am super excited for this. When my brother first heard about the EEs, his first question was "did they fix the pathfinding?" Now I can finally say "yes."

If your brother is unsatisfied make sure to speak to Bollard Firejaw. You'll have to chase him all the way to the outer planes if you want that deposit back! >=D
  • Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
    The pathfinding was probably the most exciting part of 1.3 I think, It'll make dealing with trash mob clean-up so much easier. Typically if the enemy holds very little threat to my party (IE: goblins) I'll just mass-rush them and attack but with the old pathfinding I'd always have to stop someone from wandering off in some far flung direction, or my melee fighters would be stuck behind puny mages trying to pummel the enemy with staves...