In order to make the bug reporting and bug fixing process more efficient, we have remodeled our bugs forums. This thread will explain how the new structure works, and how you can ensure your bugs are reported and fixed.
Where did all the old bug reports go?
You can find old bug reports in the bug archives. Due to the volume of threads that get created we have to keep things streamlined, and a bug report from eleven months ago may no longer exist, or may exist in a different way. If you encounter an old bug and it hasn't been reported in the current version, please do post a new thread following the format described in the next post.
Will each new patch clear out the bug forums from now on?
Yes, as soon as we release a patch we will create a new bug forum and archive the old one. You can still view the archived bug reports, so if your bug wasn't fixed you can use the archives as a resource for building the new report. We also keep approved bug reports in our internal database; just because you don't see your bug listed doesn't mean it won't get fixed.
Rules for Reporting Bugs
There are some ground rules for when you report a bug on this forum. Follow these rules and we will do our best to make sure your bug is at least looked at:
1. Do not post a bug report if your game's version is not 1.x.
2. Your bug report must be posted in the correct format.
3. Do not post a bug report if your game has mods installed or if you have used EE Keeper or ShadowKeeper to modify your save at all. If you encounter a bug on a modded installation, first see if you can reproduce the issue with a new (unaltered) game on a fresh unmodded installation. If you can't, the bug may be caused by one or more of your mods.
4. If the bug generated a crash report, your report must contain a zip file with the crash .dmp file inside; if at all possible, include a saved game from near the crash event as well in a separate zip file.
5. If the bug is a graphical or dialogue issue, your report must include a screenshot of the area or event in progress.
6. If your bug has already been reported for the current patch, do not report it again. Duplicate reports will be closed.
We will not troubleshoot issues that do not follow these rules. Our moderators are, amazingly, working for free; we don't want to waste their time. Our developers are not
working for free, and we don't want to waste theirs either.
How do I know what version of the game I have?
When you first launch the game, the version number is displayed in the top-right corner of the screen. You can also view the version number in-game by opening the Options screen (it's displayed above the skull).
How do I know if my bug has already been reported?
Look in the List of Known Issues
first; if you see your bug listed there, you do not need to create a new thread for it.