Skip to content

Was it really necessary to remove storage equipment at the beginning of the expansion?

Scroll cases, potion bags, ammo bets and most importantly the bag of holding which you can't even buy again in HoW. What was the purpose of this? If I recall correctly BG2:ToB didn't remove any of this stuff in the beginning, don't see why it's implemented here.

Comments

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    edited December 2014
    Did you finish the basic game, export characters, start new HoW game with them?
    If yes, then it would be expected behaviour as containers do not get exported.
    Bags were added in EE (if I recall correctly), so I guess no one thought to add them separately to expansion area as well. I suggest you simply (re)create them with CluaConsole.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    If you transition from the main game directly to HoW you do not lose containers.
  • ProteusProteus Member Posts: 40
    Shikao said:

Bags were added in EE (if I recall correctly), so I guess no one thought to add them separately to expansion area as well. I suggest you simply (re)create them with CluaConsole.

Well, I thought this was the logical order of events (finish main game -> start expansion)

Was I expected to run back to Kuldahar to start the expansion before fighting the final battle?
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Proteus said:

Well, I thought this was the logical order of events (finish main game -> start expansion)

Was I expected to run back to Kuldahar to start the expansion before fighting the final battle?

There you go, using logic again...

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited December 2014
    edit: wrong thread ... sry everyone
    Post edited by bob_veng on
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Proteus said:

Yes, it would be logical, but I would guess it's assumed you do everything in one go =/

Maybe you should make a feature request to add containers to merchants in HoW? I will gladly back it up.
  • Tallest_DwarfTallest_Dwarf Member Posts: 4
    Proteus said:

Shikao said:

I totally understand where you're coming from, but I think a lot of people play the expansions to break up the main story of IWD. I've never owned the expansions so this is my first time with them but that's how I intend to play. In fact after finishing Lower Dorn's Deep I am headed back to Kuldahar to sell off and then maybe start HoW.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I like to play them back-to-back and was, like the OP, annoyed when this happened. So I loaded my game from just before the last boss of the main game, cheated myself into Kuldahar, and started HoW from there. Problem solved, at least for those of us with access to the console.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    there is a bag of holding in the expansion, in fact there are 2 of them:

if you talk to the thief dude in the inn in the first town he can take you to the "trials of the lure master expansion" there not only is there a baddie holding on to a bag I believe you can buy one as well from the thief once he brings you there
  • ProteusProteus Member Posts: 40
    sarevok57 said:

there is a bag of holding in the expansion, in fact there are 2 of them:

if you talk to the thief dude in the inn in the first town he can take you to the "trials of the lure master expansion" there not only is there a baddie holding on to a bag I believe you can buy one as well from the thief once he brings you there
    I was about to ask regarding this. When is the best time to do Trials? Before leaving Lonelywood for the last map?
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287

I totally understand where you're coming from, but I think a lot of people play the expansions to break up the main story of IWD. I've never owned the expansions so this is my first time with them but that's how I intend to play. In fact after finishing Lower Dorn's Deep I am headed back to Kuldahar to sell off and then maybe start HoW.

was my thinkin too. Ignore the end bosses and just soak up the exp. imo the how drops make the main game that much more fun, esp if you turn on HOF in main game.

`add containers to merchants in HoW? `

I notice the hfl in trials luremaster, has a bag holding......

Problem is thats bit of a one way trip!