Skip to content

Assassinating Serevok's Entourage? (Spoilers)

So after playing though the first baldur's gate 3 or 4 times now, I feel as if the hardest part of the final fight is not Sarevok but rather his party. I could be wrong but i thought there was a way to kill at least Angelo before the final fight. am I wrong or how do i accomplish this?

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Well, what I did was position my Sorcerer PC and Baeloth on opposite sides of the room, juuuust within sight of the dais. I fired a Cloudkill at them while Baeloth cast Web. This effectively neutralized Angelo and Tazok; Semaj instantly teleported to the center of the room, where Shar-Teel, Safana and Viconia were waiting; Sarevok came after me, only to find Dorn in his path. It all worked out rather nicely...
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Baxyratty said:

I could be wrong but i thought there was a way to kill at least Angelo before the final fight. am I wrong or how do i accomplish this?

In the original, vanilla version of BG1, it was possible to slowly creep along the wall of the room, revealing one enemy at a time, and then kill them individually before finally reaching Sarevok.

Now, the other enemies don't materialize until after you've reached and spoken to Sarevok, so this trick doesn't appear to be possible anymore.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I've discovered a secret technique of killing Angelo before you even enter the temple of Bhaal.

In Chapter Seven, first go the Flaming Fist building, kill all the enemies there, and set some glyphs of warding and skull traps near the stairs. Then, have one party member exit the building and surrender to the Flaming Fist Enforcers. When you go to your "trial," Angelo will come down the stairs only to trigger a bunch of traps! Even if he doesn't die immediately, damaging him will cancel the cutscene, allowing you to kill him however you want. Keep in mind that you might kill some innocent Flaming Fist members and lose some reputation.

I'm not actually sure if killing Angelo there stops him from being in the final battle. Probably not, unfortunately.