Skip to content

Magic teleporting weapons

dodgy title am sorry!

`mace of disruption,` this was in bg2, its also in IWD ?

was an extermely useful item, esp when fighting vampires.

DOnt think ive found any others yet that were in bg2; are there many?

I know that a mod with powerful weapons, would unbalance iwd. However i do miss having stuff of the calibre of celestial fury. Guess power is addictive lol

In expert D&D set, there was a the posibility of obtaining `sentient` weapons. and/or artifacts. SO would a talking swrd be good or bad thing in game? Maybe wont work, as its a hard task to program in, and ineffect would just belike another char in the party.
Cant recall one in bg2, or is my memory just failing me?
kcwise

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    There is Lilarcor
    elminsterjackjack
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    No, most of the named weapons from BG series do not make appearance in IWD. Here are two lists that you could go through to see what you can find in the cold North:
    Pre-EE Item List by Dan Simpson
    A guide to new magic items in IWD:EE *SPOILERS* by @artificial_sunlight‌
    JuliusBorisov
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    well there are pretty powerful katanas ingame, for example Darkened Glory gives you +1 to criticals and if you single wield it that would be +2 to critical chance which is pretty yummy.
    BTW I'm currently working on mod to add new magical weapons, some of them are pretty powerful, and all added weapons will be interesting at least. So stay tuned!
    JuliusBorisov
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    `if you single wield it that would be +2 to critical chance which is pretty yummy.`

it still give bonuses in off hand?
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376

`if you single wield it that would be +2 to critical chance which is pretty yummy.`

it still give bonuses in off hand?

Of course it still gives bonuses while in off-hand.
    However, that was a thought-shortcut, @kensai meant that if you wield Darkened Glory alone with Single Weapon Style, you will get a total bonus +2 to critical chance.
    kensaiJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    "Magic teleporting weapons"

That would be quite a sight to look at!
    jackjack
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    There is a mace of disruption in IWD, but it is different to the one in SoA. There are a few weapons from BG1 that crop up in IWD though (Vasconia for example).

IWD does have magic teleporting arrows.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Fardragon said:

There is a mace of disruption in IWD, but it is different to the one in SoA. There are a few weapons from BG1 that crop up in IWD though (Vasconia for example).

I still haven't tried those! What are they good for really?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Wowo said:

Fardragon said:

Getting yourself killed, usually.
    jackjack
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited December 2014
    Wowo said:

You mage is being attacked by an enemy in melee and your fighter is on the other side of the screen. You give your fighter a bow and those arrows, make him shoot the enemy threating your mage and voila - in a blink of an eye you have your fighter dealing with that enemy instead of constant retreating by your mage.

Maybe it doesn't happen regularly and/or often but still it may be helpful to have those arrows.
    Shikao