Skip to content

Game not leting me import my final save

AlansiAlansi Member Posts: 2
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Trying to import my save from Baldur's gate enhanced edition to in Baldur's Gate 2 enhanced edition I keep getting a unable to load content for unknown. If you have not purchased it yet do so from the store. When I click on Purchase content it shows all the content with greyed out Restore purchase and buy buttons. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong and what could be done to fix it?

Comments

• kounoupiskounoupis Member Posts: 3
    I am having exactly the same issue.
    I just tried to import final save on my Android phone and my iPad 2 and I get exactly the same error.
  • AlansiAlansi Member Posts: 2
    Its PC for me, its rather strange and uninstalling and reinstalling didn't seem to do anything.
  • ammonammon Member Posts: 2
    Seems I am not alone here. I wanted to get my BGEEI character also into BGEEII. First I plugged the device into the PC and moved the final save folder "000000002-Final-Save" (For those that may be looking for it):
    Computer\devicename\Tablet\Android\data\com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition\files\save
    to here:
    Computer\devicename\Tablet\Android\data\com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition\files\save

I then rebooted and fired up BGEEII and tried to load the game in the single player. It told me I needed to purchase some in app stuff, so another $1.50 or so and I thought it might load. But, no, the purchase is now just greyed out and only allows me to go back to the load screen.

Now, I had fired up BGEEII first to build the directory structures and I am pretty sure I have done everything else correctly. It would be great if we could get a heads up on this as a bug that will be fixed or is the idea of importing our original character from BGEEI going to be out of the question. It would be a shame because that is the reason we like RPGs ... to continue with building and developing a character with the story.
  • ammonammon Member Posts: 2
    OK, this seems like the process:
    It's not the saved game but the character that gets exported and imported. When creating your new character, you have the option to import a character. That is when you import your original character. Make a few adjustments for him/her and start the new game.

I hope that helps guys, not exactly what I expected but at least is seems to allow you to have some sense of continuity.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Similar for me. When the game finishes there is no automatically saved game (in auto save or any where else) and even though I had previously clicked the 'export' button on my character's screen I could not import that character into BG2EE (i.e. that character's name was not on the list of options to import). In the end I had to copy and paste the relevant character file (from an earlier saved game) from the BG1 folder to the BG2 folder thereby missing out on some XP.
    Thank you ammon! That worked for me.