Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Possible Bag of Holding Bug

SorthalSorthal Member Posts: 10
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
As of 1.3, I think there is an issue with Bags of Holding - just picked up the Spellhold BoH, went to toss some junk into it, suddenly full, with perhaps 10 items in it. After a little trial-and-error, I believe that stackable items are counting each item separately towards the (100?) item limit. Tested this with arrows, bolts, darts, so it may be an ammunition specific problem. If memory serves, each stack of ammo should only take up one "slot" in the bag of holding, instead of one per missile.

Apart from that, loving the new patch! Excellent stuff.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Sorthal‌
    I believe ammunition counts each item, so a stack of 10 takes 10 places. Same with gems and potions.

Thanks
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    edited December 2014
    Edit: Ninja'd by Gate70.
    Sorthal said:

I believe that stackable items are counting each item separately towards the (100?) item limit. [...] If memory serves, each stack of ammo should only take up one "slot" in the bag of holding

No, you remember incorrectly. All items count separately, regardless whether they are stacked or not. This has always been the default behavior. You are correct about the limit being 100 items.

So, this is working as intended (unless Overhaul wants to change this on purpose).

Also remember that the purpose of the Bags of Holding are to make room in your inventory, specifically by letting you put non-stackable items all into one item slot, basically "stacking" them. So, why then would you put 80 arrows that are already stackable by default into those bags? This is wasted space, because 80 arrows already take up only one slot, no bag needed.
This discussion has been closed.