Skip to content

[Android] Saving the game erases the save and crashes the game

Then problem arises when I try to save the game or exit the first cave after clearing it.
When I try to save the game manually, after clearing the cave, the game crashes (just exits the game). When I start it up again, the save game is gone. The same happens if I just exit the game, but instead of a save game, the autosave file is gone - I guess it happens because the game tries to autosave.

- I'm using a Nexus 7 (2nd edition) with 19.07 GB available.

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    The usual comments apply:

Have you modified the game in any way? i.e. Added anything to an override folder, installed a mod pack, attempted to enable the console, installed any sound/character picture files, etc.

I assume your device is NOT Jailbroken?

Have you rebooted your Nexus entirely (the equivalent of a hard boot...and I do NOT mean a reset of the device, that should be ENTIRELY un-needed) Sometimes the normal "power off" is more a "sleep" than a reboot.

Have you closed down all other apps running in the background other than IWD?

Have you attempted to back up the save game files, remove the game from the system and re-download it?

Have you tried to start over from a brand new play through using the default characters?

If you've tried all of these and are still getting the issue, please post your OS Edition (Nexus should be using some version of Google's OS) and any other relevant hardware information and they will try to reproduce the issue.
  • MadnusMadnus Member Posts: 2
    1. The game is not modified.
    2. My tablet is not jailbroken.
    3. I have restarted the Nexus. Didn't help.
    4. All are closed except Avast Antivirus.
    5-6. I did try to reinstall the game, and started three new games with the default characters (before I was using three default characters), but now I have a different problem. I can't get out of Hrothgards house without the game "crashing". This problem went away after i uninstalled Avast, but I would really like to play the game AND have an anti-virus software on my tablet.
    7. My OS edition is Android 5.0.1