Skip to content

Steam Sale?

I was hoping to pick up the PC version during the annual Steam Holiday Sale (I already own IWDEE for Android). It takes the sting out of double dipping (or triple or quadruple as I own the originals and GoG copy) but it doesn't look to be on sale at all. I hope Im wrong and its a deal of the day later on but it doesn't seem likely, even though both BG1 and 2 EE had pretty good discounts during prior sales. Maybe there will be a beamdog sale, even if Steam is my preferred platform.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Note that on Steam, you tend to get patches later than you would if you buy it from Beamdog directly - not to mention you'd be fully supporting the developer if you don't go through a middle man ;)
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Well, there is still plenty of days before sales end, so I am still hoping... I will definitely make sure it's not missed on the forum =P

@Lord_Tansheron‌ are you sure about it? I participated in BG2EE 1.3 open beta with no problems and I think we got the patch at the same time as other platforms.
    No, I'm not 100% sure, but I do seem to remember there being a delay in the past. Maybe I'm misremembering?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014

No, I'm not 100% sure, but I do seem to remember there being a delay in the past. Maybe I'm misremembering?

You aren't wrong but that was when Atari had control over the game on Steam (BGEE in particular). Atari are no longer in the picture so there shouldn't be any delays between the Beamdog version or the Steam version (or if there are any they will be hours or days long and not months long).
    Ah, well, that is good to know then! I suppose some people do like Steam.