Skip to content

Do I need my email to play?

ZemeZeme Member Posts: 19
edited August 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Microsoft locked my email without a warning (or reason for the record) over 3 weeks ago. I sent mail to the support which said they would answer within 24h. Over 3 weeks later and no response. I'm assuming I wont get my email back.

I can login to beamdog just fine but I dont need to fetch any code from my email or anything right?

I'm assuming not as it would seem logical but I would like to make sure.

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited August 2012
    If you can get your Beamdog client or account to sign in, I believe there is nothing to worry about. BG:EE can be played offline, so you only need to access your Beamdog account in order to download the installer. If all else fails, create a new email account with any provider and email Beamdog's customer service to inform them of your situation so they can switch your Beamdog account to the new email.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    You can sign into the client without any confirmation. It asks for an email and a password, the same as the one you told Beamdog.
  • Doom972Doom972 Member Posts: 150
    Isn't there an option to change email address within the Beamdog client? If not, you should contact them as soon as possible about changing email address. Remember that your email address is their way to contact you and verify that you are the account holder.

Can an email provider just close your email account without any reason?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited August 2012
    There isn't currently a way to do that within the client or even on the Beamdog site (I just checked yesterday). An email, as @Doom972 suggests, is probably the best way to go.

(Heh--ironic solution, telling you to email them when you can't get into your email. I would send a PM to @CameronTofer.)