Skip to content

#3206 [Intended] Anomen has proficiency points in spears, but cannot use them

HenlikuothHenlikuoth Member Posts: 25
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Anomen has 2 proficiency points in spears, but cannot use them, because he is
a cleric now.
I cannot see any useful sense or meaning in this. I suggest to remove the 2 points
and put them somewhere else instead.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited December 2014
    This isn't a bug, it's roleplay. If you romance him in one of the banters he will tell a tale from before his priest time, when he was only a squire of the order of radiand heart.

In this tale he killed a Wyrm with an spear to save some of his companions.

EE keeper them to another proficience if you want, but it's a very well roleplay issue that should be keep the way it is.
    TJ_HookerHurricaneAedan
  • HenlikuothHenlikuoth Member Posts: 25
    I have nothing against roleplay elements. Yet it is a bit weird he cannot use spears despite his proficiency in it.
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    Those are 2 profiency points before he dual classed into a cleric. They are put terribly indeed, but yeah roleplay and stuff like that.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    I'll tag it with the original ticket number anyway.
    Thanks
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    As said before, it's not a bug. Dual-classing allows this kind of situation to occur. The proficiencies learned by the first class can become unusable due to the restrictions introduced by the second class. There's nothing wrong with that.

Anomen has those proficiency points in spears for good reason. They were deliberately placed in order to make this stats match his banter. This is completely intentional.
  • HenlikuothHenlikuoth Member Posts: 25
    The good thing about this thread now is that we know now clearly that it is intended. So I am happy it is clarified, and besides that, I value nice roleplay elements also ;)
    Gate70
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i'd eekeeper one pip to something useful. the other that remains is quite enough for background story purposes.
    Ravenslight
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    bob_veng said:

i'd eekeeper one pip to something useful. the other that remains is quite enough for background story purposes.

Well, he jumped in the back of a Wyrm with his spear and killed it in one hit, if that's not boasting of his part (XD), 2 pips are surelly well used on spears!
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it's most certainly boasting :)