Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Black Dragon can't be beat

simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I doubt this is a true bug. Chances are my game is just broken. But I don't see anywhere else to post this.

In a nutshell, I cannot beat the black dragon. Can. Not. I can get him to "Near Death" but I can't kill him. I have tried and tried and tried.

I've beat him before. It wasn't easy but it was do-able. But this time I can't. In one of my attempts I managed to hit him with fireballs, Horrid Wilting, the prism spell, and cloudkill. And he STILL didn't die.

When he is near death and I hit him with a melee weapon, the blow never lands. Its a not a critical miss. It just doesn't land.

I've set the difficulty to the easiest level. This seems to have made the dragon even harder to wound.

I am very frustrated. Could someone please take a look?

Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited December 2014
    You seem very low level for this stage of the game. I tried for a few minutes with no success but consoling a breach scroll in made a world of difference - he'll have stoneskins with a lot of layers due to his level.
    jackjack
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    Right, so I had a shot at your save game. It wasn't easy with your limited spell selection, but the dragon died normally without cheats. You either need to damage him through its Stoneskin (use Breach first) or employ a bombardment of damaging spells (use Lower Resistance first) while occupying its attention with summoned creatures.
    Gate70
  • simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
    Gate70 said:

You seem very low level for this stage of the game. I tried for a few minutes with no success but consoling a breach scroll in made a world of difference - he'll have stoneskins with a lot of layers due to his level.

@Gate70‌ I hadn't really thought of myself as being low level. I actually killed the dragon at a much lower level my first play through. What level should I be at right now?

@Jace‌ My natural spell selection is a bit minimal at the moment since I just finished clearing out the elven city but Imoen has a document box full of spells so I wasn't unduly concerned when I started.

Thank you both for taking a look and assuring me that the dragon can be beat. Thank you also for the tips.

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Well, maybe you're not that low level - I only had a quick look and on reflection you've got a lot of multi-class characters etc.
This discussion has been closed.