Skip to content

Fastest run through

I am often feeling like a cheater when I go for a sleep to heal my guys instead of sucking out every clw I have. Time just isn't that important...at least that's how I feel on occasions.......so what I really want to know is; What is the shortest time you have completed the game in???
I guess you also have to consider travelling to beas effective as possible.
I mean 100 days shows up fairly regular on my games, so tell me I better hurry up =)
Merry christmas

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I've got a playthrough of the whole saga that took 147 days. I think BG2+TOB was a little under 60 of those days. This was done back when the werewolf island didn't actually add to your calendar, though.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    This doesn't answer your question satisfactorily, but I once had a game where I made a save immediately upon entering Hell and noticed it was Day 66, Hour 6.

Can't beat that, can you?!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    my final save for SoA at the moment is 56 days 10 hours, but usually I hit around in the 60s and in ToB the time I finish off the ravanger I am hard pressed to hit 100 (usually I'm only in the 90s) but you have to think of it, starting in SoA as a level 8 character, and becoming a level 31+ character in 3-4 months? that is a huge fast improvement, I remember thalantyr from high hedge saying it took him 50 odd years to become a mage of his level ( I believe he is around 17th or so) and yet we do it in less than 1 year, good times
    It's pretty nuts. Charname starts off as a first level nobody, and six months later Elminster is like "I'm not sure I could take you." I suppose you could attribute that to the divine blood, but everyone else in your party does the same thing.
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    I understand that the progress is preeeeeetty eeerrm....fast, lacking a better word.

What I want to get to is that I am constantly "adding" time by sleeping for health and spells instead of making sure I use every last spell before resting. I do it to make the game easier for me but also wonder how much in game time I could save by not spamming rests.

Just curious what other people do =)
  • LareitLareit Member Posts: 3
    Not terribly nuts Jarrakul. The sheer amount of slaying and questing the party does is equally nuts. Plus the Elminster comment about taking you was in general implied to mean more then your high level, but the nature of being THE Bhaalspawn to end all other Bhaalspawn. You're a badass beyond just your levels.
  • fanscalefanscale Member Posts: 81
    Check the videos on youtube you might decide to use different spells or tactics. Often in the video the player just ran past monsters I normally stop and get mobbed by.
    Could you use your crappy spells first on low level monsters. Get your thac0 and AC down as quickly as possible. (I don't have a strategy for this yet)
    Lareit said:

Not terribly nuts Jarrakul. The sheer amount of slaying and questing the party does is equally nuts. Plus the Elminster comment about taking you was in general implied to mean more then your high level, but the nature of being THE Bhaalspawn to end all other Bhaalspawn. You're a badass beyond just your levels.

I'm not sure I agree with the first sentence, but I definitely agree with the second. My archer alone, not counting the five other party members, killed more than 20 things every day on average. Now, for reference, Simo Hayha, the most lethal single human soldier in all of history, averaged only 7 kills a day over his 105 day-long slaughter through the Russian ranks. Screw cure light wounds and the ability to turn into the slayer, that kill rate is the greatest power Bhaal's blood provides.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    You can find surprisingly fastest playthroughs here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17887/create-a-random-game-optional-no-reload-speed-game-contest-included-spoilers/p1

For e.g., @Fighting_Ferret‌ completed the game in 14 days 18 hours game-time solo and in 18 days 14 hours game-time with a party (!)