Skip to content

Finish HoW, or start a new run of BGII?

As the title states, I'm at a loss of what to do. The BG2 1.3 patch coincided with me finishing the main IWD storyline, so of course I want to drop everything and play BG2 as soon as possible, seeing that I just finished BG1 recently anyways.

But I don't really want to leave IWD "unfinished". So, how good is HoW, and should I finish it?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It is good, for what iwd is good for. Amazing, beautifully haunting places to go, many powerful and dangerous monsters to slay, a lot of treasure and magic to find.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    how is rather short, so it won't delay you much.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2014
    I had this same temptation. What has got me finishing up my HoW-TotL-IWD run, instead of playing with BG2 1.3, are three things.

One, I never feel right just starting a character in BG2 without playing it through BG1 first, and, I'm holding out for some kind of hotfix that puts the IWD .ini options into BG1:EE, especially hit points on portraits, as well as improved pathfinding and other goodies they've released in BG2:EE v. 1.3 that have not yet been backported to BG:EE.

Two, it is almost Christmas, and I have a tradition to play all my saved Sacred 2 toons through Christmas Island in Ancaria. I'm trying to finish up my current HoW-TotL-IWD run before that. I've got IWD done through lower Dorn's Deep, and am on Burial Isle in HoW, but I haven't started TotL, so, depending on my progress and just how long the expansions really are, I may have to take time out and go ahead and do my Ancaria business and then come back to it.

Three, I am kind of starting to want to play through Dragon Age: Origins again, in preparation for possibly playing Dragon Age: Inquisition after some more patching, and possibly a price decrease. I'm even thinking about buying Dragon Age 2 at discount and finally trying that.

So, bottom line, my advice, go ahead and finish IWD:EE with expansions before you get distracted.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2014
    Finish off HoW and TotL, then focus all of your attention on BG2EE, now with more patch!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    this is how bg wins!

pun intended