Skip to content

A mod to disable Protection From Evil glow & Stoneskin effect

rhuobherhuobhe Member Posts: 4
Hey everyone,

Is there a mod (or a quick fix) for this? I'd much rather see the original colours of my characters. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• AcquaydiaAcquaydia Member Posts: 5
    You can mod it yourself by using use Near Infinity.
  • rhuobherhuobhe Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    Hey, thanks for your reply. I've dabbled with Near Infinity a bit before but I'm not sure how to go about editing spell effects. I've found the 2 spells I want to modify but can't figure out how to change the visual effects. What should I be editing?
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    I think the grey colouration is hardcoded into the stoneskin effect, so getting rid of that would be very hard.

As for the PFE glow effect; you need to remove all the effects called "Colour: Glow Pulse". Well that's what it's called in DLTCEP but I guess NI should name the opcodes the same.
  • rhuobherhuobhe Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    Cheers, NI interface was acting weird so I've managed to setup DLTCEP and remove the glow effect. It seems to work for a new game but not with an old save. Any workarounds for that?

Edit: I'm totally lost but I've found more glow pulse effects under Prot. From Evil in NearInfinity and deleting them all worked. Probably broke something though.

Edit2: Found out DLTCEP has multiple headers (w/e that is) so I guess deleting all effects from there would have worked as well. Just in case it helps someone.

Again thanks for the replies.
    Post edited by rhuobhe on
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    @rhuobhe Yeah, spells that increase in power or duration with caster level have a header for each level it's supposed to improve.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    IIRC, Sword Coast Stratagems has a component that removes the Stoneskin effect.
  • NebNeb Member Posts: 20
    The component from SCS is not working for Mac. If anyone knows a way of getting rid of the grey colour on Mac it'd be great.