Skip to content

Just beat the game, final save??

So after you kill the demon, credits role and..... nothing?

I can't go back to talk to the HoW guy?

I can't go back to get my stash of itemsin the kuldahar inn?

How do I keep playing these toons into HoW, I don't want to do the export thing, I want to continue my game into the expansion.

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    We really need an explanation for this.
  • TommyKnox777TommyKnox777 Member Posts: 22
    I just ended up doing the export thing...

Lost my item stash, bags, containers etc.

I wanted to finish that Ogre in the tower quest too.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Just to be clear, there is no continue to expansion. It's meant to be played during the original campaign.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    you have to import.
    there's a certain point of no return (don't remember where exactly) and unfortunately you cannot reach your stash unless you load an earlier save, if you have one.

imo, the idea of keeping the items away from you was bad judgement on your part.

@Hudzy
    the expansion was not meant to primarily be played during the original campaign. both are okay choices and one does not have priority over the other especially since the stories don't tie into each oter.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Actually, there is one tie-in (a certain once-broken sword), which suggests that the expansion was meant to be played after the base game. Considering that, you'd think Black Isle would've given us a smoother transition, but such is life.

What I did, for the record, was load my game right before the final battle, use the console to teleport to Kuldahar, and start the expansion from there. It's like importing, but you don't lose your containers.
    CrevsDaakjackjack
    that's not a tie-in in terms of the story. it's not a real indication that how was "meant" to be played after the base game, just a small bonus for those who have already finished the game.

a much bigger tie-in is that an important character from how is present in kuldahar and calls you to aid. if we went by your logic, going by the bigger tie-in, i could conclude that the expansion was meant to be played from within the base game.
    but i don't claim that.
  • TommyKnox777TommyKnox777 Member Posts: 22
    If you were supposed to beat all the expansion content before going back to east haven the final boss would be extremely trivial.

One more negative from the export/import process: my Dwarven Defender somehow lost hit points in the transfer.
    jackjack
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @bob_veng, while it's a small bonus mechanically, I would argue that it's a pretty big story tie-in, seeing as how it's literally the centerpiece of the main villain's character arc, and how the fact that you have it (or more precisely, the reason you have it) is the reason HoW happens.

If you were supposed to beat all the expansion content before going back to east haven the final boss would be extremely trivial.

also, if you beat IWD and reach ~lvl15, the whole of HoW is pretty trivial

@Jarrakul‌
    it's not the reason HoW happens, i don't see how that's true.
    anyway, agreed to disagree, we don't have to prolong this discussion.