Skip to content

Android - No GUI, Menus All Black

I am experiencing some sort of catastrophic graphical problem on my Acer Iconia A500 Tab (crappy old tablet, I know, but it gets the job done.) I am running CyanogenMod Android 4.3 and by all accounts the game should be compatible with my device.

Essentially there seems to be some sort of "overlay" problem in that only certain bits of text are visible, everything else is blacked out. This persist in all menus, etc. Here are two screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/eCjpO

Please help. Game is unplayable at this point. Thank you very much.

Comments

• CyberSACyberSA Member Posts: 3
    Have a client with the same issue. A client came to me with his S4 and all it shows in the Toon with rain. No menus, no icons and no background. Please help as he keeps asking me for a solution.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    It sounds like the game is using the wrong render engine for your tablet's hardware. I remember reading about similar problems when BG:EE first launched on Android. Although, I forget what the fix for it was...
    Thanks. Hopefully someone can help who knows
    Srry to update - The Clients phone is an S4 GT-I9500 Android version 4.4.2. I have told him to ask Google Play to give him his money back as he cant get any support.