Skip to content

Romance for same gender ?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if there was a mod that allowed same gender romances ? (if I remember well, the romance cheats in bg2 allowed us to romance any companion npcs, so...) For exemple, all female companions can be romanced by a female player, same goes for male companions and male player.

I apologize if there already was a post about this specific question, I can't seem to find it... :/
(Also apologizing if it isn't the right section for this kind of post haha!)

Thank you for your time! :)

PS : Sorry if I made any mistakes, I'm not english, grr, in which case you'll hopefully understand what I meant hehe.

Comments

• BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    The BG2Tweak Pack from Gibberlings 3 gives you the option to remove gender and/or racial requirements from the standard BG2 romances (among many other possible tweaks).
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    You probably know already but Dorn is romanceable by both genders while Hexxat is romanceable by only female characters. I guess the other NPCs just don't swing that way.
  • AinithAinith Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the quick replies :)

@Wowo Yeah I knew about these romance options, I just wanted to know if there was a mod that could make them swing both ways hehe ! :)

@Beetle Thank you, I wasn't sure about the BG2Tweak Pack mod, so I tried it, but apparently, it skips the Romance Cheats section saying : "this component is not available" for my game. I don't know if it's because I already installed some mods earlier, so I'm going to try without any mods installed and we'll see. :)
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Ainith said:

Thanks for the quick replies :)

@Wowo Yeah I knew about these romance options, I just wanted to know if there was a mod that could make them swing both ways hehe ! :)

@Beetle Thank you, I wasn't sure about the BG2Tweak Pack mod, so I tried it, but apparently, it skips the Romance Cheats section saying : "this component is not available" for my game. I don't know if it's because I already installed some mods earlier, so I'm going to try without any mods installed and we'll see. :)

So tell me again how you were reprogrammed to engage in illicit acts against your will?
    Woah, illicit acts ? Aren't you taking it a bit far ? Haha. What should it matter to you what I do with my game ? I'm just asking if anyone knew about a mod that allowed this kind of thing, since I remembered it being possible in BG2. :)
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    If you have the console enabled you can set a few variables to make romanceable characters bypass race/gender restrictions.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Check_________Match","Global","1")
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("_________Match","Global","1")
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("_________RomanceActive","Global","1")
    @BelgarathMTH Haha that was exactly my feeling when I romanced Dorn for the first time, wasn't really what I was hoping for. Anyway, thanks for the answer, I'll check out some of those modded npcs you're talking about, it might surprise me hehe! I'll also try to use Keeper, I want to try to make every character romanceable and try playing this way at least once!

@Jlee Thank you very much, I'm going to try that method aswell if I manage to open the console (always seem to have problems with that hahaha) ^^

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Jalily and @LiamEsler , I wasn't aware of the dialogue expansion mod. Thank you for working on and providing that for players who are of minority orientations. I might try it with Rasaad on my next run. It's nice to know the option is there now.