Skip to content

[WEIDU] WeiDu: ERROR: Invalid_argument("Filename.chop_extension")

AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
edited January 2015 in General Modding
I have been getting a weird bug suddenly in a component that I haven't touched and had been working for over a week.

The error I am getting is:

ERROR Installing [Core Revisions], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [TomeAndBlood/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "TomeAndBlood/backup/0/OTHER.0")
Will uninstall 454 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 454 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 0.
Unable to Unlink [TomeAndBlood/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "TomeAndBlood/backup/0/READLN.0")
Unable to Unlink [TomeAndBlood/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "TomeAndBlood/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
ERROR: Invalid_argument("Filename.chop_extension")

I've attached my entire debug file, but the part of interest is posted above. Any ideas on what might be causing this?
Post edited by Aquadrizzt on

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    @Wisp‌ any ideas?
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Update: This error has inexplicably gone away, even though I'm not entirely sure how or why. I did rewrite the entire ADD_KIT that was throwing the error, and it seems to have been resolved for now.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Not without seeing more of the debug file (which isn't attached, btw) and possibly also the mod. The error is raised because a file which is expected to have a file extension does not have one. Stab in the dark, but I'd guess ADD_PROJECTILE is being called with projectile "foo", when it should be "foo.pro".
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Wisp said:

Not without seeing more of the debug file (which isn't attached, btw) and possibly also the mod. The error is raised because a file which is expected to have a file extension does not have one. Stab in the dark, but I'd guess ADD_PROJECTILE is being called with projectile "foo", when it should be "foo.pro".

Sorry that the debug file wasn't showing. It should be now. And knowing that it is a file extension issue will be helpful next time. Thanks.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Okay, so you (apparently) forgot the ".2da" on the ADD_KIT 2DA. I'll see if I can introduce some better behaviour in these kinds of situations.
    GrammarsaladAquadrizztCrevsDaak