Skip to content

Mazzy won't shutup

Hola!

In the astral prison, Mazzy asked Valygar to join him to Waterdeep, as her (not) squire. After that, she keeps acting like I'm clicking on her, and the game says it's in dialogue mode, preventing me to doing pretty much anything.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Can you zip and attach an affected save please @peteyrock‌
    Thanks
  • peteyrockpeteyrock Member Posts: 4
    Sure! Here you go! Thanks!
    Sure-fire way to initiate the dialogue is to go down into the portal in front of the party and defeat the warriors down there. I would give a save file as it's happening, but I "can't save while in dialogue mode"
    edited December 2014
    @peteyrock‌
    Rest to remove her fatigue. I need to dig a bit more on this one.
    Thanks

edit. Possibly issue #7190
    1. Did you start on version 1.2 of the game.
    2. Did Mazzy die at some point.
    3. Have you already had the "Please prepare my bedroll" dialogue.

If the answers to the above are all "Yes", you will get this dialogue repeat after the rest. She may have lost other local variables so you may get other glitches.

& if you haven't patched your game to 1.3, please do so to remove the chance of various other issues.
    Thanks
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    I was going to post something like; Well she is a woman!!!, but I realised how chauvinistic and sexist that would be, so I didn't.
    Gate70 said:

@peteyrock‌
    Rest to remove her fatigue. I need to dig a bit more on this one.
    Thanks

edit. Possibly issue #7190
    1. Did you start on version 1.2 of the game.
    2. Did Mazzy die at some point.
    3. Have you already had the "Please prepare my bedroll" dialogue.

If the answers to the above are all "Yes", you will get this dialogue repeat after the rest. She may have lost other local variables so you may get other glitches.

& if you haven't patched your game to 1.3, please do so to remove the chance of various other issues.
    Thanks

I'm not sure it's possible to rest anywhere in the astral prison. I'm certain I can't rest after that battle is complete - just tried it.
    edited December 2014
    @peteyrock‌ I managed to rest - had to do it from pause though.

Do you have any answers please.
    Thanks
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    edited January 2015
    @killerrabbit‌
    Tagging you as your comment about Mazzy in the linked thread looks related. Have you seen it affect anybody other than Mazzy?
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38260/11129-biography-text-should-not-show-when-swapping-armour-mid-combat

I've just tried with a fresh game and she didn't repeat dialogue for me.