Skip to content

Hexxat TOB Bug - Crash after defeating Korkorran (not yet repro'd)

NakataNakata Member Posts: 7
edited May 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I'm hoping someone can help me with this, I've looked over the forum, but can't find a solution.
In Hexxat's TOB Quest, after defeating Korkorran, he gets resurrected, but after the teleporting animation the game will crash. I think there is supposed to be a cutscene next, but it never happens.
I also noticed that the cloak is never stolen by her friend (if that matters)

Here is the save file, just before defeating Korkorran, and the game dump.
As a workaround I've defeated the Loch (for the jornal entry) and used the CLUA to move back to AR5501 where I first met Hexxat. She can wait there until I can complete her quest.
Any help you could give would be awesome, I love this game and want to finsh her quest.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Your save crashes for me too @Nakata‌ and I have seen it before but can't remember if we worked out why it happened.

I did a similar thing to you, kill the lich and after the dialogue with L console over to AR5500. I then moved to Watchers Keep and rested a couple of times and her quest continued. Is this good enough for the time being?

(I think there is something about that area that causes issues if you pocket plane out of there, but not certain at this point)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Gate70 said:

Your save crashes for me too @Nakata‌ and I have seen it before but can't remember if we worked out why it happened.

I did a similar thing to you, kill the lich and after the dialogue with L console over to AR5500. I then moved to Watchers Keep and rested a couple of times and her quest continued. Is this good enough for the time being?

(I think there is something about that area that causes issues if you pocket plane out of there, but not certain at this point)

I recall this issue too, but no one reported nor fixed it XD (not 100% sure if it was reported as I am not a NDA Beta tester).

To fix it completely, MoveToArea("AR3000") Watcher's Keep and then use the Pocket Plane ability, that should fix the "not able to access/get out from the Pocket Plane" bug.
  • NakataNakata Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Guys, Sleeping at Watcher's Keep did the trick!
    I'm going to try some fancy CLUA combo's to try to continue where I left off without having to reload.

Edit: I used a combo of the CLUA to finish the quest
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("OHhex25") - load hexxat
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("OH7300") - to kill the lich
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR5501") - sleep at watchers keep

Post edited by Nakata on
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Failing that, this works.

- Jump to AR5501
    - Pocket plane
    - Return from pocket plane
    C:SetGlobal("ohh_Cabrina25,"GLOBAL",2)
    - Speak to Hexxat