Skip to content

Main PC unable to initiate dialog

TomakoTomako Member Posts: 30
Possible reason: In the beginning of the fight with Bodhi I saved the game when her teleport appeared. Reloading this save makes her pop up without any tp animation in a neutral state (which gave me time to summon a Fire Golem to bash her down).

I noticed that, after this fight, my main PC can't initialize dialog with anyone. The "talk"-button is greyed out. Possibly because the game was saved when I was in dialog with her.

I'm not keen on reloading before that battle. Is there a way to restore the ability to speak? Character isn't Silenced, stupid, at loss of energy or affected by anything. Resting at an inn nor restarting the game removes the issue.

Big thanks in advance for help.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Can you zip & attach a save for inspection please @Tomako‌
    Thanks
  • TomakoTomako Member Posts: 30
    Here it is.
    I notice now, after going back to the save long before the fight with Bodhi that I was unable to speak even then. Something must have happened when I fought the spider queen (?) in the same catacomb.
    Looks like your druid shapeshift has set a permanent silence for some reason. Either use Ctrl/R on your character if the console is enabled, or use this save.
    edited December 2014
    Gate70 said:

Looks like your druid shapeshift has set a permanent silence for some reason. Either use Ctrl/R on your character if the console is enabled, or use this save.

Many thanks! But is there an easier way to return to the Cleric Female Elf sprite other than using EE Keeper? The key-combo switches the sprite around to giants and other creatures.

EDIT: The Cleric Female Elf can be found in the same list as the other creatures!
    That sounds like you are pressing Ctrl/6 or Ctrl/7 rather than ctrl/r @Tomako‌
    CTRL+R did nothing for me, randomly pressing 6, 7, R and SHIFT in different combinations helped, on the other hand.