Skip to content

[Mod] Wis, Chr, Int Saves

wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
edited January 2015 in General Modding
I figured that this might be interesting to some people who a) don't want the rest of my mod that I am building or b) don't want to wait. Anyway, this mod used Int, Wis and Chr to modify saves.

This works 3e style, where every 2 points from 10 is +/-1 point in savings throw with a max of +7.

Wisdom: (+/-)Spells, (+/-)Petrification
Intelligence: (+/-)Wands, (+/-)Breath
Charisma: (+/-)Death

In a single player game, the script will need like 30 seconds to run while the game is not paused (it needs 30 seconds in multiplayer, but the game never pauses). It then should update whenever your stats change.

Simple Weidu install. Let me know if you have any issues.
Grammarsaladelminsterjackjack

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Does charisma modify saves in the P'nP D&D?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    kamuizin said:

Does charisma modify saves in the P'nP D&D?

Not in 2e...But Wisdom did provide a save vs spell bonus
    jackjack
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    Grammersalad is right, but since this can't be a perfect replication of 2e, but figure it as not just a bonus, but a drawback to min/maxing abilities.
    jackjack
    Wisdom and intelligence provide bonus in 2° and 3° Ed, but Charisma don't for what i know.
    kamuizin said:

Wisdom and intelligence provide bonus in 2° and 3° Ed, but Charisma don't for what i know.

In 3e Paladin's got a bonus to saves for a high charisma. I know that there were expanded rules that allowed bonuses to weapon and/or non weapon proficiencies in 2e, but I don't remember seeing intelligence giving bonuses to saves. Immunity to illusions, however, I do remember.

In any case, perhaps wolpak would be willing to do a more 'puriist' version. I for one would love to see bonus weapon proficiencies for high intelligence!
    jackjack
    Sadly you cannot give proficiency points, you can only set proficiencies. So, while that may be interesting, it is not possible in the engine.

However, if someone wants a variation, I can probably whip something up really quickly, or just pop my scripts in NI and make a few adjustments.
    edited January 2015

kamuizin said:

In 3e Paladin's got a bonus to saves for a high charisma. I know that there were expanded rules that allowed bonuses to weapon and/or non weapon proficiencies in 2e, but I don't remember seeing intelligence giving bonuses to saves. Immunity to illusions, however, I do remember.

In any case, perhaps wolpak would be willing to do a more 'puriist' version. I for one would love to see bonus weapon proficiencies for high intelligence!
    Only with an specific feat.

Edit: Divine Grace is the name of the feat.
    kamuizin said:

kamuizin said:

Only with an specific feat.

Edit: Divine Grace is the name of the feat.
    That is a class ability. I forgot that it was applied sty second level though

Heh, you can add weapon proficiency points in vanilla(sigh)
    Really, what op code?
    edited January 2015
    Same one. It was more flexible in the old engine... The new engine has lost a few features that were available in the old engine (edit: modwise) Sure, there are a lot of improvements, but still.. I have put in requests in the requested features board...